light green is shown blue

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 31, 2005 5:30:22 AM

Hello,

We have Canon ir c3200 multifunctional machine as network printer.

When printing from some of our machines light color is clearly blue
for some reason - some show it as it should be. Printing is done from
win xp machines with PCL5c driver. CNC510B is default color profile
which is used by all workstations.

This seems be machine focused problem since changing user (we using
roaming profiles) dont change a thing and all workstations use default
settings for color printing. I have tried all I could to find out what
causing this, reinstalled printer on workstation etc...

Material going to customers are being printed with this and causes
problems to our designers.

If someone faced same problem or have clue what might cause problem, I
would be more than happy to hear advices.

Thanks in advance,
Mikko Kiviranta

More about : light green shown blue

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 3:06:03 PM

Kiwis schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> We have Canon ir c3200 multifunctional machine as network printer.
>
> When printing from some of our machines light color is clearly blue
> for some reason - some show it as it should be. Printing is done from
> win xp machines with PCL5c driver. CNC510B is default color profile
> which is used by all workstations.
>
> This seems be machine focused problem since changing user (we using
> roaming profiles) dont change a thing and all workstations use default
> settings for color printing. I have tried all I could to find out what
> causing this, reinstalled printer on workstation etc...
>
> Material going to customers are being printed with this and causes
> problems to our designers.
>
> If someone faced same problem or have clue what might cause problem, I
> would be more than happy to hear advices.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mikko Kiviranta

Hello,
seems your printer ran out of yellow ink, since printing green needs both blue and
yellow ink.
Herb
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 4:48:10 AM

> Hello,
> seems your printer ran out of yellow ink, since printing green needs both blue and
> yellow ink.
> Herb

Tnx for answer.

Hmmm, weird since prints color ok from some computers and then some
dont on same printer. Checked how ever yellow ink amount and its shown
1-25%.

I try find replacement for that and see if stuff works after it.

Mikko
June 2, 2005 8:58:17 AM

On 2 Jun 2005 00:48:10 -0700, in comp.periphs.printers mkivi75@hotmail.com
(Kiwis) wrote:

>> Hello,
>> seems your printer ran out of yellow ink, since printing green needs both blue and
>> yellow ink.
>> Herb
>
>Tnx for answer.
>
>Hmmm, weird since prints color ok from some computers and then some
>dont on same printer. Checked how ever yellow ink amount and its shown
>1-25%.
>
>I try find replacement for that and see if stuff works after it.

Run nozzle checks on the problem printers. Even if ink levels are OK it
could be a n issue with clogged nozzles.
----------
http://EdwardGRuf.com
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 1:24:19 AM

"H.Henkler" wrote:

> Kiwis schrieb:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > We have Canon ir c3200 multifunctional machine as network printer.
> >
> > When printing from some of our machines light color is clearly blue
> > for some reason - some show it as it should be. Printing is done from
> > win xp machines with PCL5c driver. CNC510B is default color profile
> > which is used by all workstations.
> >
> > This seems be machine focused problem since changing user (we using
> > roaming profiles) dont change a thing and all workstations use default
> > settings for color printing. I have tried all I could to find out what
> > causing this, reinstalled printer on workstation etc...
> >
> > Material going to customers are being printed with this and causes
> > problems to our designers.
> >
> > If someone faced same problem or have clue what might cause problem, I
> > would be more than happy to hear advices.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Mikko Kiviranta
>
> Hello,
> seems your printer ran out of yellow ink, since printing green needs both blue and
> yellow ink.
> Herb

Aahhh, not so. Printers use subtractive colors, i.e. magenta, cyan, and
yellow. Green is a combination of cyan and yellow. Blue is a
combination of cyan and magenta, and red is magenta and yellow.

A printer printing blue instead of green could be missing yellow, if a
light cyan is taken for blue; if it is a true blue, then the printer is
printing cyan and magenta. More likely it is light cyan, I should
think.

Colin
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 6:26:43 PM

If it is printer OK from some computers and not others:

Make sure you have the latest driver installed in the computer that is
not printing yellow

It is likely an issue of the color profiles or color management at
fault. You may have to go into the driver program and manual adjust
the color for the output to increase the accuracy of the color.

Ink type and paper type can make a difference as well.

!