Connecting two modems directly

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.wan (More info?)

Hello everyone!

I wonder if it is possible to connect two modems directly (without
PSTN)
Have you got any ideas how can I do this?

I've got two modems with RS232C interface. Each modem has "line" and
"phone" port too.
Is there any chance to connect them using line port?(I want use Rs232
to connect modem to the router) What kind of cable should I use?
(rollover, cross or something else?).
If it isn't possible is there any other ways to connect them directly?

Thanks for your help
Maciek

Ziomal wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I wonder if it is possible to connect two modems directly (without
> PSTN)
> Have you got any ideas how can I do this?
>
> I've got two modems with RS232C interface. Each modem has "line" and
> "phone" port too.
> Is there any chance to connect them using line port?(I want use Rs232
> to connect modem to the router) What kind of cable should I use?
> (rollover, cross or something else?).
> If it isn't possible is there any other ways to connect them directly?
>
> Thanks for your help
> Maciek

Buried in the manuel it tells you how to have the modems not detect
dial tone before starting to dial. Then just stick a phone line simulator

in the loop. ( basiaclly just a power supply that provides the talk
voltage) There you go.

--Dale