Physical and Logical Processors in Win 2000 advanced Server

How to check the number of physical and logical
processors in a Win 2000 advanced server ? How to check
if hyperthreading has been enabled ?
I am using Win 2000 advanced server on a Hp ProLiant Dl
580 G2 machine.The Task Manager shows 8 windows for the
cpu;the registry NumThreadsPerProcessor shows
2;NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS shows 8(is this logical or
physical ?
1 answer Last reply
More about physical logical processors 2000 advanced server

    On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:45:48 -0700, "Saurabh"

    >How to check the number of physical and logical
    >processors in a Win 2000 advanced server ? How to check
    >if hyperthreading has been enabled ?
    >I am using Win 2000 advanced server on a Hp ProLiant Dl
    >580 G2 machine.The Task Manager shows 8 windows for the
    >cpu;the registry NumThreadsPerProcessor shows
    >2;NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS shows 8(is this logical or
    >physical ?

    It looks like you have 4 processors with hyperthreading enabled.

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows: General MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com