VIA RAID 0 to NVidia NForce4 RAID

PArr

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
I am doing a total upgrade of my system.
Current:
Abit KW7, VIA KT880 SATA RAID 0 (2X160GB Maxtor)
3GB PC3200 SDRAM Dual Channel
AMD XP 3200+
Ultra 500W PS
ATI 1600XT AGP

Building:
Abit KN832 SLI, 939, NForce4 RAID 0
AMD Opteron 180
Ultra 550W PS
ATI 1600 Pro PCI express (already have)
(upgrading to XfX 7900 later)

It's not possible to keep present Array as is, is it? How do I keep my current programs, and Docs, as I have my business information on there as well. I can't afford to lose any of the information on them.
I don't have a valid Windows XP disk anymore, however, I do have a Windows Vista ultimate Beta 2 disk. Any sugesstions?

pat

Expert
I am doing a total upgrade of my system.
Current:
Abit KW7, VIA KT880 SATA RAID 0 (2X160GB Maxtor)
AMD XP 3200+
Ultra 500W PS
ATI 1600XT AGP

Building:
Abit KN832 SLI, 939, NForce4 RAID 0
AMD Opteron 180
Ultra 550W PS
ATI 1600 Pro PCI express (already have)
(upgrading to XfX 7900 later)

It's not possible to keep present Array as is, is it? How do I keep my current programs, and Docs, as I have my business information on there as well. I can't afford to lose any of the information on them.
I don't have a valid Windows XP disk anymore, however, I do have a Windows Vista ultimate Beta 2 disk. Any sugesstions?

No you cannot. And if you rely only on HDD for important business files, then they are not that important. You should have a backup of important business files on another hdd, dvd or any other backup devices.

How you dod that? You backup your important files, you delete the array, then rebuild the array on the new motherboard, reinstall your applications and put back the "important" files.

As for not having a valid xp install cd, you don't need it to be valid.. all you need is a cd for install and YOUR VALID product key.

PArr

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2006
I have them backed up, I'm not a noob at this, I was just wondering if it was possible to not tear down the array.
And a non-valid XP disk is one without a valid license...."nuff said"

pat

Expert
I have them backed up, I'm not a noob at this, I was just wondering if it was possible to not tear down the array.
And a non-valid XP disk is one without a valid license...."nuff said"

A license key is not tied to the disk. Just find a disk with XP and use your current key to install

For arrays to work in a different machine, the array controller must be the same make and model. However, Windows will see your comptuer setup as a different computer anyway and cause you to resinstall the machine...

So short answer, NO.

Redu the array and reinstall windows.