Any way to oc P4 630 3000mhz ?!

R9

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
Hi
I've seen on some websites that they have oc P4 630 3000mhz to 4500mhz, they did this by changing settings in the BIOS (ASUS P5LD2 Deluxe motherboard).
but my motherboard is intel 945gnt, and there is no such options in it's BIOS, so, is there any other way to overclock this cpu ?!!

ikjadoon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Wha? An ASUS motherboard without overclocking options? Impossible, I think. There aren't any settings that let you change the FSB? Look through the manual..

~Ibrahim~

orionman

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2005
I'm not really helping with your problem
but don't expect to clock your P4 way higher than 3.6-3.8
You could possibly hit 4GHz if you live in Alaska or if you go with a good watercooling setup.

Good luck with your BIOS

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Wha? An ASUS motherboard without overclocking options? Impossible, I think. There aren't any settings that let you change the FSB? Look through the manual..

~Ibrahim~

Hahahah, like the Asus boards you find in Hewlett Packards, Compaqs, and Sony Viaos?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Sure there's a way: Pin mods. You can modify the pins to make it detect as a 1066 bus processor. The problems are, I don't think your board supports 1066, and even if it did your processor likely won't clock up to 4.0GHz which would be the result.

You can try to find a software overclocking utility that works with your motherboard's specific clock generator, but that requires you to figure out what a clock generator is, which one you have, etc.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's not like Intel blocks overclocking, they simply don't offer it on most boards. People have been using clock generator utilities for a very long time, I remember overclocking Dell PIII's using that method.