SP4 Experience

Interested in hearing from anyone about their experience
after installing W2K Advanced Server SP4. In particular
any critical issues.

Thanks,
MJV
5 answers Last reply
More about experience

    Have been running it since it came out on Adv Server, Regular Server, Pro
    and had no issues whatsoever. These machine also run a variety of Back
    Office Apps like SQL2k, Exchange 2k etc. It seems to be very solid.

    --
    Scott Harding
    MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

    "MJV" <michaelveith@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Interested in hearing from anyone about their experience
    > after installing W2K Advanced Server SP4. In particular
    > any critical issues.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > MJV
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Scott...Thanks for the feedback...MJV

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    I've had a similar experience to Scott. Deployed it hundreds of
    workstations and tens of servers (including Advanced Server).

    No issues.

    Oli

    "MJV" <michaelveith@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Interested in hearing from anyone about their experience
    > after installing W2K Advanced Server SP4. In particular
    > any critical issues.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > MJV
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    >In particular any critical issues.

    Had 2 small issues -

    1. Ran the SP via Term Services, but didn't go for the re-boot straight
    after it completed - logged off and thought I'd re-boot it later when the
    users were off the system. When I tried to logon on later via TS I couldn't
    so had to power off/on. All fine after re-boot though.

    2. Did something nasty to the Scheduled Tasks already set up so some file
    transfers, backups etc would n't work. Got some advice from this list but
    never got to the bottom of it so just shifted the Tasks to a 2003 box.

    3. Er- that's it
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Two problems were discovered, one critical to the OS, one
    critical to the support staff.
    1) TCP option 1323 no longer worked under SP4, where
    compensating for a slow (satellite) network. Result was
    that a very small TCP window was created, and performance
    was veerrrry slow. A bug fix was created, and that
    problem was quickly resolved.
    2) Hyperterminal "send text file" feature appears to no
    longer work as it did pre-sp4. We use it to send a
    configuration file to a com2 connnected cisco switch.
    The com port or hyperterminal is no longer processing the
    switch logon commands. If we manually logon, the rest of
    the config commands are accepted. If we try to process
    the file w/logon commands included, it does three tries,
    and fails the logon attempt. After that, the
    hyperterminal window shows no text at all, and appears in
    a hung state until logoff can be achieved - either by
    hardware reboot or using a com port analyzer to see
    excactly where the problem occurred. This one is not
    resolved yet.

Microsoft Servers Windows