Just an observation...

When you're taking items out of a chest the game makes a sound that's kind
of like a Khajiit hurking up a slimy hairball. I haven't got into mods at
all
yet, but when I do, if it's possible, that sound is the first thing I'm
going to
change.

Cheers,
Walt
8 answers Last reply
More about just observation

    WJ wrote:
    > When you're taking items out of a chest the game makes a sound that's kind
    > of like a Khajiit hurking up a slimy hairball. I haven't got into mods at
    > all
    > yet, but when I do, if it's possible, that sound is the first thing I'm
    > going to
    > change.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Walt

    You don't need to 'get into modding' really, the sound files are
    available as normal wav files, I _THINK_ the one that you want is
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data
    Files\Sound\Fx\item\item.wav

    ~Cameron

    > You don't need to 'get into modding' really, the sound files are available
    > as normal wav files, I _THINK_ the one that you want is C:\Program Files
    > (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Sound\Fx\item\item.wav
    >
    > ~Cameron

    Thanks. I'll try it.

    Cheers,
    Walt

    Well ok, but the sound you get depends on what you're taking out of the
    chest. You get the jingling change sound when you pull out money, the
    rustling cloth sound when you pull out clothes, the sliding steel sound when
    you pull a sword, etc... Which item makes the hairball-spewing Khajiit
    sound? I'm curious.

    DMen

    "DMen" <dyrt@shREMOVEaw.ca> wrote in message
    > Well ok, but the sound you get depends on what you're taking out of the
    > chest. You get the jingling change sound when you pull out money, the
    > rustling cloth sound when you pull out clothes, the sliding steel sound
    > when
    > you pull a sword, etc... Which item makes the hairball-spewing Khajiit
    > sound? I'm curious.
    >
    > DMen

    The potion related stuff. You're right; it doesn't all make that sound. I
    have a chest where I keep my alchemy gear, and when it gets too full I pull
    stuff out and have potion-making sessions. So I'm constantly moving things
    around, and the sound it makes is not...soothing.

    Cheers,
    Walt

    WJ wrote:
    > "DMen" <dyrt@shREMOVEaw.ca> wrote in message
    >
    >>Well ok, but the sound you get depends on what you're taking out of the
    >>chest. You get the jingling change sound when you pull out money, the
    >>rustling cloth sound when you pull out clothes, the sliding steel sound
    >>when
    >>you pull a sword, etc... Which item makes the hairball-spewing Khajiit
    >>sound? I'm curious.
    >>
    >>DMen
    >>

    > The potion related stuff. You're right; it doesn't all make that sound. I
    > have a chest where I keep my alchemy gear, and when it gets too full I pull
    > stuff out and have potion-making sessions. So I'm constantly moving things
    > around, and the sound it makes is not...soothing.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Walt

    hmmm ... that sound sounds more like sipping a bubbling potion to me ;)

    > hmmm ... that sound sounds more like sipping a bubbling potion to me ;)

    Um...the ingredients, not the potions themselves...

    WJ wrote:

    >>hmmm ... that sound sounds more like sipping a bubbling potion to me ;)
    >

    > Um...the ingredients, not the potions themselves...

    my mistake

    even so - I think the sound for anything miscellaneous is just that kind
    of rustling cloth sound in my game.

    although I'm not terribly observant so I'll have to check :P

    > my mistake
    >
    > even so - I think the sound for anything miscellaneous is just that kind
    > of rustling cloth sound in my game.
    >
    > although I'm not terribly observant so I'll have to check :P

    It could be different. I wouldn't mind the rustling cloth sound, but when I
    pickup something like saltrice, I get this sound that makes me want to go
    find some Kleenex.

Games Video Games