Just an observation...

wj

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

When you're taking items out of a chest the game makes a sound that's kind
of like a Khajiit hurking up a slimy hairball. I haven't got into mods at
all
yet, but when I do, if it's possible, that sound is the first thing I'm
going to
change.

Cheers,
Walt

WJ wrote:
> When you're taking items out of a chest the game makes a sound that's kind
> of like a Khajiit hurking up a slimy hairball. I haven't got into mods at
> all
> yet, but when I do, if it's possible, that sound is the first thing I'm
> going to
> change.
>
> Cheers,
> Walt

You don't need to 'get into modding' really, the sound files are
available as normal wav files, I _THINK_ the one that you want is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data
Files\Sound\Fx\item\item.wav

~Cameron

wj

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

> You don't need to 'get into modding' really, the sound files are available
> as normal wav files, I _THINK_ the one that you want is C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\Sound\Fx\item\item.wav
>
> ~Cameron

Thanks. I'll try it.

Cheers,
Walt

Well ok, but the sound you get depends on what you're taking out of the
chest. You get the jingling change sound when you pull out money, the
rustling cloth sound when you pull out clothes, the sliding steel sound when
you pull a sword, etc... Which item makes the hairball-spewing Khajiit
sound? I'm curious.

DMen

"WJ" <waltj@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When you're taking items out of a chest the game makes a sound that's kind
> of like a Khajiit hurking up a slimy hairball. I haven't got into mods at
> all
> yet, but when I do, if it's possible, that sound is the first thing I'm
> going to
> change.
>
> Cheers,
> Walt

wj

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

"DMen" <dyrt@shREMOVEaw.ca> wrote in message
> Well ok, but the sound you get depends on what you're taking out of the
> chest. You get the jingling change sound when you pull out money, the
> rustling cloth sound when you pull out clothes, the sliding steel sound
> when
> you pull a sword, etc... Which item makes the hairball-spewing Khajiit
> sound? I'm curious.
>
> DMen

The potion related stuff. You're right; it doesn't all make that sound. I
have a chest where I keep my alchemy gear, and when it gets too full I pull
stuff out and have potion-making sessions. So I'm constantly moving things
around, and the sound it makes is not...soothing.

Cheers,
Walt

WJ wrote:
> "DMen" <dyrt@shREMOVEaw.ca> wrote in message
>
>>Well ok, but the sound you get depends on what you're taking out of the
>>chest. You get the jingling change sound when you pull out money, the
>>rustling cloth sound when you pull out clothes, the sliding steel sound
>>when
>>you pull a sword, etc... Which item makes the hairball-spewing Khajiit
>>sound? I'm curious.
>>
>>DMen
>>

> The potion related stuff. You're right; it doesn't all make that sound. I
> have a chest where I keep my alchemy gear, and when it gets too full I pull
> stuff out and have potion-making sessions. So I'm constantly moving things
> around, and the sound it makes is not...soothing.
>
> Cheers,
> Walt

hmmm ... that sound sounds more like sipping a bubbling potion to me ;)

wj

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

> hmmm ... that sound sounds more like sipping a bubbling potion to me ;)

Um...the ingredients, not the potions themselves...

WJ wrote:

>>hmmm ... that sound sounds more like sipping a bubbling potion to me ;)
>

> Um...the ingredients, not the potions themselves...

my mistake

even so - I think the sound for anything miscellaneous is just that kind
of rustling cloth sound in my game.

although I'm not terribly observant so I'll have to check :p

wj

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

> my mistake
>
> even so - I think the sound for anything miscellaneous is just that kind
> of rustling cloth sound in my game.
>
> although I'm not terribly observant so I'll have to check :p

It could be different. I wouldn't mind the rustling cloth sound, but when I
pickup something like saltrice, I get this sound that makes me want to go
find some Kleenex.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts