How to get rid of F1/F10 prompt on boot up

Hal

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

I am doing a fresh install of 2000 Advanced server for a hardware
upgrade for an Exchange platform, and after my install on bootup I
always get a prompt to press F1 key to continue or F10 for system
partition utilities. I cannot figure out how to get rid of this.
Since this is going to be a mail server I would like it to autorecover
for a reboot and do not want it to require manual intervention to
complete boot.

suggestions appreciated.

Hal

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

This isn't something that's controlled by Windows. This is pre-OS, such as
a BIOS or RAID chip setting. Check the documentation that came with your
server, as it is specific to the make and model of your server (or the chips
on the motherboard...).

Ray at work

<hal@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I am doing a fresh install of 2000 Advanced server for a hardware
> upgrade for an Exchange platform, and after my install on bootup I
> always get a prompt to press F1 key to continue or F10 for system
> partition utilities. I cannot figure out how to get rid of this.
> Since this is going to be a mail server I would like it to autorecover
> for a reboot and do not want it to require manual intervention to
> complete boot.
>
> suggestions appreciated.
>
> Hal

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

Read the message above this prompt, it should point you in the right
direction. It seems like the hardware misconfigured.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server,microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

Sounds like you have a Compaq Proliant. I think you can reset that from the
System Partition Utililities (press F10) or from the SmartStart CD.

Rich