Canon mP760 service manual?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
June 1, 2005 2:38:41 AM

Anyone got a link to the service manual for the canon MP760.
Specificly i'd like to know the keystrokes to get it into service mode
and change the printer's destination. The ip 3000/4000/5000 was
[resume] + [power] then 2x [resume] and release [resume] and [power]

Thanks much.
June 3, 2005 10:59:40 PM

> Have you had a peep at 'Canon Pixma service manual' post they give a
> link that may be helpful, also http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/

I have indeed looked at www.eserviceinfo.com. Alas the Pixma manuals
they have apply to the stand alone units, not the multifuction. While
the ip4000 service manual is useful for my ip3000, it's useless when it
comes to the mp760 as they don't share the same buttons.

Thanks for trying to be helpful... still looking.
November 11, 2009 8:23:35 AM

Howdy, A few years late but I've come across this today from nifty-stuff for a Canon MP780. It worked with my MP760 more or less so it amy be of help to you. I've been dealing with the 6BK ink well not working so looking for clues after cleaning and more cleaning. here you go

1) Put paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder (even if the Feed Switch is set for the cassette).

2) Press the following keys in sequence: Copy-Menu-Scan-Copy-Scan.
The display will say:
SERVICE MODE
#1 SSSW

3) Press the < key (also labeled -) once.
The display will say:
SERVICE MODE
TEST MODE

4) Press OK.
The display will say:
TEST MODE [1]-[8]
1: SYSTEM TEST

5) Press the > key (also labeled +) twice.
The display will say:
TEST MODE [1]-[8]
3: PRINTER

6) Press OK.
The display will say:
3: PRINTER
[1]SHUKKEN PATTERN 1

5) Press the > key (also labeled +) once.
The display will say:
3: PRINTER
[2]SHUKKEN PATTERN 2

6) Press OK.
The printer will print the extended nozzle check along with a bunch of other stuff.

7) Press the Stop/Reset button.
The display will say:
TEST MODE [1]-[8]
1: SYSTEM TEST

8) Press the ON/OFF button.
The printer will cycle power and be ready to go.
!