Upgraded from Win2K Adv to Win2k3 Ent - got errors

I have 9 "setup failed to install" errors in the setuperr.log. I am trying to find out if they are a problem. So far no luck. The packages not installed are: MDAC Response Files, MDAC Setup Files, Webdata Setup ExceptionPackage, Mdac 2.7 Exception Package, MSXML 3.0 Exception Package, SQLXMLX Exception Package, SQL Server Net Libs , SQL Server ODBC Drivers and SQL Server OLEDB Provider. All version 2.71. The server updated is the passive node of an active/passive SQL Server cluster.
Any chance the error occurred because the files already on the server are later versions?

Gene

Just my thought.. I have tried to upgrade from 2000 to
2003 like you are and found that is not a good idea.. I
have found that the best way to do it is a clean install.
there are always something left over from 2000 that makes
2003 have issues that make you pull your hair out, so take
it from someone who has been there, do a clean install you
will be alot happier..

Gene