i can't login even with Admin account in my Advance server..

i made a GPO xyz and was applying some group polices and
restriction from the user configuration in group policies
snap in and when i logged off and tried to log in again i
could not ....
2 answers Last reply
More about login admin account advance server

    "waseem ullah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i made a GPO xyz and was applying some group polices and
    > restriction from the user configuration in group policies
    > snap in and when i logged off and tried to log in again i
    > could not ....

    You should be carefull when restricting user groups when hardening your
    domain. Suppose you deny domain users from network access, login or access
    permissions to a resource. This affects the admin since admin is a member of
    domain users. Admin is not God, far from it.

    Now you are stuck having to either reinstall or deleting/recreating your sam
    database. Thats unless you can access a DC through the network from an
    NT/W2K client station with the adminpak.msi installation.

    Also, when testing a GPO, do it on an organisational unit first. After all,
    the OU is where you should be focusing and isolating your groups, shares,
    printers, etc...

    Last but not least, there is an MMC snap-in that provides security analysis
    where a security template database can be created, modified, assembled,
    tested, compared, analyzed AND applied with a logged result. Its called the
    Security Configuration Tool Set and available off the shelf in all standard
    W2K DC installations.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/security/sctoolset.
    asp

    Thats without mentioning the Baseline Security Analyzer:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/mbsahome.mspx
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    waseem ullah wrote:
    > *i made a GPO xyz and was applying some group polices and
    > restriction from the user configuration in group policies
    > snap in and when i logged off and tried to log in again i
    > could not .... *

    I'm guessing you don't have a backup of the AD?

    --
    RHagerman

Login Microsoft Servers Windows