Changing Admin account name

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
July 9, 2004 8:57:20 AM

When changing Administrator user Account name, does the
change happen automatically to all the services that
depend on the administrator account to start? Or do I have
to change the user name for each of the services?

TIA

Johnson

More about : changing admin account

Anonymous
July 9, 2004 6:10:03 PM

You'll have to change the services manually. This is always a problem and if
you change the password you would also have to go to each service that uses
this account and change the password manually at each service. Typically
creating a special service account and using a big huge password is sort of
a workaround so you don't have to do this as often.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"johnson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When changing Administrator user Account name, does the
> change happen automatically to all the services that
> depend on the administrator account to start? Or do I have
> to change the user name for each of the services?
>
> TIA
>
> Johnson

Anonymous
July 10, 2004 2:55:48 AM

You will have to change it and if you are talking about the built-in
administrator account you really shouldn't be using that for running services.

www.joeware.net

johnson wrote:
> When changing Administrator user Account name, does the
> change happen automatically to all the services that
> depend on the administrator account to start? Or do I have
> to change the user name for each of the services?
>
> TIA
>
> Johnson

July 12, 2004 9:42:46 AM

Thanks for the feedback