Changing Admin account name

When changing Administrator user Account name, does the
change happen automatically to all the services that
depend on the administrator account to start? Or do I have
to change the user name for each of the services?

TIA

Johnson
3 answers Last reply
More about changing admin account name

    You'll have to change the services manually. This is always a problem and if
    you change the password you would also have to go to each service that uses
    this account and change the password manually at each service. Typically
    creating a special service account and using a big huge password is sort of
    a workaround so you don't have to do this as often.

    --
    Scott Harding
    MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

    "johnson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When changing Administrator user Account name, does the
    > change happen automatically to all the services that
    > depend on the administrator account to start? Or do I have
    > to change the user name for each of the services?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Johnson

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    You will have to change it and if you are talking about the built-in
    administrator account you really shouldn't be using that for running services.

    www.joeware.net

    johnson wrote:
    > When changing Administrator user Account name, does the
    > change happen automatically to all the services that
    > depend on the administrator account to start? Or do I have
    > to change the user name for each of the services?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Johnson

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Thanks for the feedback

    Services
    >www.joeware.net
    >

    >johnson wrote:
    >> When changing Administrator user Account name, does the
    >> change happen automatically to all the services that
    >> depend on the administrator account to start? Or do I
    have
    >> to change the user name for each of the services?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Johnson
    >>

    >.

Microsoft Servers Windows