Changing Admin account name

johnson

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2001

When changing Administrator user Account name, does the
change happen automatically to all the services that
depend on the administrator account to start? Or do I have
to change the user name for each of the services?

TIA

Johnson

You'll have to change the services manually. This is always a problem and if
you change the password you would also have to go to each service that uses
this account and change the password manually at each service. Typically
creating a special service account and using a big huge password is sort of
a workaround so you don't have to do this as often.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"johnson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When changing Administrator user Account name, does the
> change happen automatically to all the services that
> depend on the administrator account to start? Or do I have
> to change the user name for each of the services?
>
> TIA
>
> Johnson

You will have to change it and if you are talking about the built-in
administrator account you really shouldn't be using that for running services.

www.joeware.net

johnson wrote:
> When changing Administrator user Account name, does the
> change happen automatically to all the services that
> depend on the administrator account to start? Or do I have
> to change the user name for each of the services?
>
> TIA
>
> Johnson

johnson

Distinguished