Cluster problems

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
July 9, 2004 3:34:32 PM

Clustering problems

Can't make cluster service work after trying ti
install/recreate a 2 nodes clusters using VMware.

Facts:

1. There are 3 servers: 1 Domain Controller and 2 member
servers(one per cluster node). All servers are running W2K
SP4 with most recent hotfixes installed.
2. Domain Controller hostname/ip: DC / 192.168.0.1
3. Node1 hostname/ip: zeus / 192.168.0.2 (Public Network)
& 192.168.1.2 (Heartbeat)
4. Node2 hostname/ip: apolo / 192.168.0.3 (Public Network)
& 192.168.1.3 (Heartbeat)
5. VMware setup an AMD network card for all of 'em
6. I can ping zeus from apolo and apolo from zeus. The DNS
server (the same Domain Controller) have records for zeus
and apolo (subnet 192.168.0.x).
7. I'm able to log on into Domain using the "cluster"
account

Problem:

After following each step in this article, in the final
stage of the setup, Windows show me an error that it can't
start the cluster service because There are no more
endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. Since
then...i can't make anything else and of course i'm not
able to start the cluster.

Any suggestions?

PS: this is the article i used:
http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6268-1058354.html

More about : cluster problems

Anonymous
July 15, 2004 1:28:24 PM

Joe,
There are a few special steps to setup a cluster in VMWare. You can
find these steps at:
http://www.robbastiaansen.nl/vmware/vm32w2kcluster.html

http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6268-1058354.html

Hope This Helps,