Sign in with
Your question

Conroe Setup, 5000+ Budget. NO bottlenecks. Plz Critique. - Page 2

Last response: in Systems
August 2, 2006 4:11:41 AM

Wow.... I don't know why you would NEED to replace anything in 6 months..... nothing I would put in a pc being built today would NEED to be replaced in 6 months....
August 2, 2006 4:22:02 AM

Quote:
Wow.... I don't know why you would NEED to replace anything in 6 months..... nothing I would put in a pc being built today would NEED to be replaced in 6 months....

Right, because you're comfy with old tech. The OP specified future proof and in that context, he more than likely will be going DX-10 if and when Vista passes his specs. It's all about perspective. You come from the "spend less is good enough" camp and the OP said: "ive decided to put together something that has no bottlenecks and is just going to be a blazing fast machine". Those may not be 180 off, but they are very different perspectives.
August 2, 2006 5:12:58 AM

Edit: This was in response to Supreme Law's statistics post.

Assuming both drives have a 1% chance of failure, then there is a 2% chance that all data will be lost while running in a raid array.

By your reasoning, the chances of getting heads on my shiny quarter twice in a row are 50%.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 2, 2006 10:51:54 AM

Quote:
Merely looking at it is enough to make me cream in my pants. I'll provide some piccies if anyone wants them.

Of your creamed pants? No thanks, sikko!

My dad and I have traveled from time to time to the CES and I always get a kick out of the visual aspects. Like the Dynaudio room for example. ~$200K for a two channel audio system that really didn't sound all that great but it sure looked impressive. Or the $75K pre channel mono amps in the Wilson Audio room. Now THAT rig sounds incredible.

Yeah, i love going to the audio/visual exhibitions in the UK. Some of the gear is just mindblowing, makes my little system seem pathetic and small.
August 2, 2006 12:17:34 PM

Ok man.... your right....
August 4, 2006 12:37:42 AM

Ive been hearing alot about Mouse Lag translating from the actual movement of the mouse to the actual screen or is it the monitor missing a few frames. I read somewhere that LCD monitors miss a few frames compared to CRT monitors..Also have any of you heard of SED Technology for flat screens? http://www.cnet.com/5208-10602-0-10.html?forumID=105&th...;mess
I was wondering maybe i should wait to do any of this because technology when games like Crysis do come out something better, alot of better comes out..BUt that always happens so you could be waiting forever...

WaterCooling brings me my next questions...Has anyone here worked with it? How is the reliability and maintenance for it? and has anyone here heard about the MetalCooling using nano technology? This to me seems alot better since metal conducts heat 100x better than water so anyone have any news on that?
      • 2 / 2
!