noob needs help

breakthis

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2006
The one I am currently considering is actually just a used card being sold here locally. I simply linked the refurb to have some sort of price comparison.... so what do you think a used one is worth?

Thanks!

Well, I wouldn't sell mine for 200 bucks. 250 maybe. It's hit or miss when you buy used. If the person who owned them, overclocked them, it might not be worth it. But if you feel good about it, go for it.

The one you pictured, is it the same card ? Those are the ones I have. They didn't run right when I first got them. They were overclocked straight from the factory and played like crap. After going to evga website, registering, and getting the bios update for them, they ran fine.

Empty_V0id

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2006
Well, I would see if you could see how the card ran first to see if the seller has done anything to the card and make sure it plays right. My father requested a used ATi Radeon X700 Pro a little while back from a local computer store right in town. My dad asked to see it running in a machine for a couple of minutes to see if the card actually worked properly. The guy was a little edgy, but finally put the card in the machine and booted up Half-Life 2 and it ran like crap. The pipes were locked and the guy figured he would make money off my father. The guy lost business. So stay away from used parts and refurbished ones unless you know and see that it runs fine.