multiple gateway in one server.

Carl

hi all,
I am using MS server 2003 enterprise. Currently I have two static IPs from our ISP. one for our router that uses DHCP to distribute internal IP address, and the other one is used for our web server.

Since the server has two NICs, I assign one for static IP to communicate with internet. the other one I want to assign for intranet, which uses static interal IP, 192.168.1.12, for communication with company computers.

when I do that I receive a message that says it will not function properly when it operates on two disjoin and separate network. I click ok anyway.

It worked at first, but after awhile the NIC for intranet stops working all of a sudden.

Is there a way for the server to have stable internal communcation in multiple gateways configuration?

Thanks,

Carl wrote:
> *hi all,
> I am using MS server 2003 enterprise. Currently I have two static IPs
> from our ISP. one for our router that uses DHCP to distribute internal
> IP address, and the other one is used for our web server.
>
> Since the server has two NICs, I assign one for static IP to
> communicate with internet. the other one I want to assign for
> intranet, which uses static interal IP, 192.168.1.12, for
> communication with company computers.
>
> when I do that I receive a message that says it will not function
> properly when it operates on two disjoin and separate network. I
> click ok anyway.
>
> It worked at first, but after awhile the NIC for intranet stops
> working all of a sudden.
>
> Is there a way for the server to have stable internal communcation in
> multiple gateways configuration?
>
> Thanks, *

Had the same problem upgrading from W2K Server, looks like you will
have to mess around with routing features under 2003, W2k loved
multiple gateways, after a few days i gave up as resorted back to win
2K server advanced...

--
theleveller