how to create an "I'm here" register

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

Hi,

I need to allow our receptionist to see whether a member of staff is in the
building yet each morning.

The obvious way is too use either the win logon or exch logon info.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this!

Does anyone have any ideas or pointers?

Many thanks,

NEIL

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

You can configure an Audit policy (Computer Configuration/Windows
Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies) or use psloggedon.exe from
www.sysinternals.com.
Smart user can fake the logon or do not logon for a while after entering the
premises so, as Mark mentioned, only more advanced system rather Windows may
help.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

The option Mark A suggested would be the best.

Here are a few other options (I have not worked with any of them):
http://www.cgnet.com/Exchange/inout.htm
http://www.intelligentconcepts.com/
http://www.ivasoft.biz/inoutbrd.html

--
Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
"NeilJarman" <neil@tNOiSPAMvPLEASEy.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I need to allow our receptionist to see whether a member of staff is in
> the
> building yet each morning.
>
> The obvious way is too use either the win logon or exch logon info.
>
> Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this!
>
> Does anyone have any ideas or pointers?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> NEIL

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin,microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

Many thanks, gentlemen, I'm looking at psloggedon as a possible solution.

NEIL