Videoconferencing with Yahoo Messenger through DI-704 DSL ..

Last response: in Networking
April 10, 2004 5:43:12 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

I want to use the videoconferencing ability built into Yahoo Messenger to videoconference with my mom via the intel USB webcams that we have, both of us on Windows XP. But I connect to my SBC DSL via a DI-704 (D-Link) DSL gateway/router which does NAT, and I can't seem to make the videoconferencing work through that; I get an error about it not working through firewalls, even if I set the DI-704 to open up all ports. How can I videoconference with my mom over my setup?
Anonymous
April 10, 2004 6:00:57 PM

C. Nelson wrote:
> I want to use the videoconferencing ability built into

> Yahoo Messenger to videoconference with my mom via the intel

> USB webcams that we have, both of us on Windows XP.

> But I connect to my SBC DSL via a DI-704 (D-Link)

> DSL gateway/router which does NAT, and I can't seem to make

> the videoconferencing work through that; I get an error

> about it not working through firewalls, even if I set the

> DI-704 to open up all ports. How can I videoconference

> with my mom over my setup?

A simple Google search using "Yahoo Messenger Firewall" turned up
the link below as the first hit. Using Yahoo's Help will probably give
you the information you need to make it work. Good luck.
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mesg/webcams/webcams-13.h...

--
Art Jackson W4TOY Owensboro, KY USA
Life is God's open book test. In order to pass,