Boot partition is full

I'm in the process of rebuilding a server, but in the
meantime, I need to free up space on the boot partition of
the current one.

For what ever reason, before I started working here, this
server was built with a 2GB boot partition. I now have
about 250MB free space and need to free up space soon.

Can I safely delete the folders "$NtUninstallKB####$? I
have no intention of uninstalling these updates.

Also, is there anything I can do about the
ServicePackFiles folder? It's 228MB.

I have a lot of space on the D: drive. Is there a way to
move these folders if I can't delete them? If I move
them, do I need to change a pointer somewhere so Windows
can find the folders?

Thanks.

A. Siegel

jazz

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2004

Go by partition manager and resize the partition to somethign like 5 gig. it
is common to keep a seperate data partition then your boot partition but
people forget to install programs and services to the second partition.
Also activedirectory profiles and /home paths can consume it alot too. you
might want to make sure thier paths are going to the second partition if
your running it.

"Andrew R. Siegel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm in the process of rebuilding a server, but in the
> meantime, I need to free up space on the boot partition of
> the current one.
>
> For what ever reason, before I started working here, this
> server was built with a 2GB boot partition. I now have
> about 250MB free space and need to free up space soon.
>
> Can I safely delete the folders "$NtUninstallKB####$? I
> have no intention of uninstalling these updates.
>
> Also, is there anything I can do about the
> ServicePackFiles folder? It's 228MB.
>
> I have a lot of space on the D: drive. Is there a way to
> move these folders if I can't delete them? If I move
> them, do I need to change a pointer somewhere so Windows
> can find the folders?
>
> Thanks.
>
> A. Siegel

Just clone twice using an interim disk.

I would use Partition Magic to resize the partition.... like what Jazz suggested..

"Andrew R. Siegel" wrote:

> I'm in the process of rebuilding a server, but in the
> meantime, I need to free up space on the boot partition of
> the current one.
>
> For what ever reason, before I started working here, this
> server was built with a 2GB boot partition. I now have
> about 250MB free space and need to free up space soon.
>
> Can I safely delete the folders "$NtUninstallKB####$? I
> have no intention of uninstalling these updates.
>
> Also, is there anything I can do about the
> ServicePackFiles folder? It's 228MB.
>
> I have a lot of space on the D: drive. Is there a way to
> move these folders if I can't delete them? If I move
> them, do I need to change a pointer somewhere so Windows
> can find the folders?
>
> Thanks.
>
> A. Siegel

TRENDING THREADS