kernalmantis

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
I just got an X-fi xtreme music sound card. My computer hasnt been running right since. It takes a long time to shutdown, temporary locups sparatically, and winamp. I love winamp and use it extensively. i was running it then it just shut down. tried to open it again and wont open. If I uninstall and then reinstall winamp, it works again for a little while then it happens again. Any ideas?
thanks

KlaasVaak

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
If you got your X-FI later as the rest of your system you may want to consider reinstalling (some) audio apps. Disable the onboard sound, if available, might also help improve performance.

kernalmantis

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2006
I uninstalled the onboard audio (though i may have forgot one i dunno) and the only audio program that doesnt work is winamp. W$ media play works fine and so does Nero show player thing. Do you think winamp might have a plugin or somethin...? Ill check it out

kevinbaron

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
I got the extrememusic also. but have no issues at all. And i use winamp only for mp3's. I would suspect it is something other then the sound card that's giving winamp issues. Might wanna try a fresh install of the OS and see what happens.