Does the latest version of ZoneAlarm fix the problems with Norton AV,
SystemWorks and similar programs? I am currently running a pre-5.x version
because of this. Can I safely upgrade? I am running SystemWorks 2003.

Thanks
Cooter

What problems are you talking about?

In news:_RC9d.19200$zA3.3266491@twister.southeast.rr.com,
Cooter <cooter@msn.com> typed:

> Does the latest version of ZoneAlarm fix the problems with
> Norton AV,
> SystemWorks and similar programs?

What problems?

> I am currently running a pre-5.x
> version because of this. Can I safely upgrade? I am running
> SystemWorks 2003.

I run NAV 2003 and the latest version of ZA here without
problems.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Running XP sp2, NAV 2004 and ZA Pro 5.1.033 Seven Computers, no problems!

> In news:_RC9d.19200$zA3.3266491@twister.southeast.rr.com,
> Cooter <cooter@msn.com> typed:
>
>> Does the latest version of ZoneAlarm fix the problems with Norton AV,
>> SystemWorks and similar programs?
>

> What problems?
>

>> I am currently running a pre-5.x
>> version because of this. Can I safely upgrade? I am running
>> SystemWorks 2003.
>

> I run NAV 2003 and the latest version of ZA here without problems.

> Please reply to the newsgroup

There was a problem where email either was not scanned by Norton, or it did
not report being scanned.

"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote in message
> What problems are you talking about?
>
> "Cooter" <cooter@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Does the latest version of ZoneAlarm fix the problems with Norton AV,
> > SystemWorks and similar programs? I am currently running a pre-5.x
version
> > because of this. Can I safely upgrade? I am running SystemWorks 2003.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Cooter

Are you sure that is an xp issue? Even if the problem occurs after
installing SP2, it still is not necessarily an xp issue. I do know that
Symantec advised running Live Update at least twice after updating to SP2.
I cannot speak to ZA.