Core 2 Duo E6700 In My Hand!

Well, ladies and gentlemen, to all those naysayers out there:

I have my Core 2 Duo E6700 ordered from TigerDirect, IN MY HAND at this very moment. Just got it 15 min ago! Boy was i surprised to hear UPS today, it was supposed to get here WED... But i'm not complaining! And YES, it says on the chip heat spreader itself Intel CoreTM2 DUO 6700.

Now, *places chip in home floor safe*, all i need is for newegg to get those d@mned Asus P5W DH motherboards in and i can complete my new computer build order... *taps fingers*...

EDIT:
Which just proves that if you ordered from TD and you were lucky enough to order quickly, and don't have a backorder tag on your order number, you WILL get your C2D. ;)
179 answers Last reply
More about core e6700 hand
  1. But wait, I thought it was a paper-launch? Oh wait, that's all weird fanboy speek trying to discredit Intel.

Awesomeness. Please let us know how everything goes!
  2. Quote:
    But wait, I thought it was a paper-launch? Oh wait, that's all weird fanboy speek trying to discredit Intel.

HEHE :P

Oh i will, i'm just waiting on Newegg now... i knew i should have ordered that mobo at the same time.. GAH... oh well, i hope they have them in by there little ETA: thingy... I guess i could always grab one on Ebay tho, i just don't want 5 dozen things coming in from 5 dozen etailers... i like getting that one huge box the UPS guy has trouble carrying ;) makes it seem like christmas!
  3. Congratulations, you're now the proud owner of a 143 sq. mm chunk of sand.
    Seriously, C2D sounds great and all, but is this really neccesary?
  4. Quote:
    Congratulations, you're now the proud owner of a 143 sq. mm chunk of sand.

don't flame just because you're jealous ;)
  5. Quote:

Does it matter? The forum went to hell over a 143 sq. mm chunk of sand. People are throwing out their perfectly good, fire-breathing computers for this wonder chip. I'm not jealous at all, I just find it hard to understand how people can become obsessed with a chunk of sand. My computer is outdated, yet I have no plans to upgrade anytime soon.

Now I'm curious - what are your current specs? Chances are, mine computer is worse than yours.
  6. Quote:

Does it matter? The forum went to hell over a 143 sq. mm chunk of sand. People are throwing out their perfectly good, fire-breathing computers for this wonder chip. I'm not jealous at all, I just find it hard to understand how people can become obsessed with a chunk of sand. My computer is outdated, yet I have no plans to upgrade anytime soon.

Now I'm curious - what are your current specs? Chances are, mine computer is worse than yours.

Mine current specs are in my sig
  7. Why would you be proud of your own computer's mediocrity? Are you gonna come to a tech forum and revel in how little tech you have?

BTW, you do realize it's not actually a chunk of sand right? :roll:

Anyways, my 6600 "chunk of sand" should be coming from TD today as well. Yay!
  8. Quote:
    You are so cool! :lol: Now get a life geek boy.

I'm sorry, who are you again??

And this geek boy has a life, and a job in 3D animation, so this geek boy is going to enjoy his new computer while you call some people a few more names? Ummmkay? have fun! *waves*
  9. Quote:

And this geek boy has a life, and a job in 3D animation, so this geek boy is going to enjoy his new computer while you call some people a few more names? Ummmkay? have fun! *waves*

Haha, leave him alone dude, he was responding to Mex. ::points to little in reply to blurb in upper right corner of posts::
  10. Quote:

Haha, leave him alone dude, he was responding to Mex. ::points to little in reply to blurb in upper right corner of posts::

Oh well in that case i sincerely apologize, MrsBytch, if this is correct, you're back IN, welcome :).
  11. Quote:
    But wait, I thought it was a paper-launch? Oh wait, that's all weird fanboy speek trying to discredit Intel.

Well, I think they have an arguable point if Intel knew it could meet demand and went ahead with the release anyway. I know, thats is a big if, but still, we are talking about Intels marketing division. As I recall, all the folks Intel employs for marketing once worked for a firm that was fired by Satan for unethical practices. :wink:

Realisitcally, I agree with what Chunkymonster said
    Quote:
    I wouldn't call it a paper launch, not by definition...but I would say that this is a (or what has become a) typical and poorly orchestrated product launch

Peace
  12. I have a unicorn.
    Core 2 duos are cool too tho.

Grats
  13. Quote:
    Why would you be proud of your own computer's mediocrity? Are you gonna come to a tech forum and revel in how little tech you have?

BTW, you do realize it's not actually a chunk of sand right? :roll:

silicon is made from sand.
  14. Quote:

Mine current specs are in my sig
    Huh, that's the exact computer I was thinking about when I was writing...okay, score 1 for LogicSequence.

Socket 370 Celeron 1.10A @ 1.46GHz
    ABIT ST6-RAID
    2 * 256 MB Crucial PC133
    EVGA GeForce 6600 AGP
    Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM/10GB 7200RPM (Stuck on ATA33)
    One crappy Toshiba DVD-ROM
    A FDD that I screwed the wiring up on
    Zalman 400W "Silent" PSU
    A case W/O a name.
    ViewSonic A90f+

==============================

Quote:
    You are so cool! Laughing Now get a life geek boy.

If you or I had a life, then neither of us would be here.

Quote:
    Why would you be proud of your own computer's mediocrity? Are you gonna come to a tech forum and revel in how little tech you have?

BTW, you do realize it's not actually a chunk of sand right? Rolling Eyes

I'm not proud of the thing at all; I just find it idoitic that those on the cutting edge always have to act like they're the most pressured to upgrade. Why can't they just take what they have and roll with it?

I know that a hell of a lot more goes into a CPU than just sand - but you got my point, right?

Quote:
    I have a unicorn.
    Core 2 duos are cool too tho.

Grats

I envy you.
  15. Quote:

Actually sand is made from silicon. Silicon & quartz.

Betcha nobody cares enough to click this link: :P
    http://www.mii.org/Minerals/photosil.html
  16. Quote:

Actually sand is made from silicon. Silicon & quartz.

Betcha nobody cares enough to click this link: :P
    http://www.mii.org/Minerals/photosil.html

Good point, but not entirely correct. Sand is a broad term. If your in Hawaii, sand is ground volcanic rock, if your in NW Florida, sand is the ground shells of various sea life, if your on Santraginus V, the sand is made of marble :lol:

Peace
  17. Congrats... Me wantz ta no how far will she clock 2? :twisted:
  18. Quote:
    Good point, but not entirely correct. Sand is a broad term. If your in Hawaii, sand is ground volcanic rock, if your in NW Florida, sand is the ground shells of various sea life, if your on Santraginus V, the sand is made of marble :lol:

Peace

Tell me about it. I hit the marble sand face first after my first Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. :oops:

What about on Traal? Assuming you have your towel for protection, of course. Those Ravenous Bugblatter Beasts are horrendous. 8O
  19. Quote:
    Are you gonna come to a tech forum and revel in how little tech you have?

HELL YES!

I'm super proud of my sh!tty computer (specs in sig). I'll be even prouder when I can get the damn thing to WORK!
  20. *cries*
  21. Quote:

Peace

Tell me about it. I hit the marble sand face first after my first Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. :oops:

What about on Traal? Assuming you have your towel for protection, of course. Those Ravenous Bugblatter Beasts are horrendous. 8O

Nice. I was wondering if anyone would catch that. :)

You win :trophy:

Ravenous Bugblatter Beasts ? No problem, I just send grandmother in first.

Peace
  22. Cool. Now go sell it on eBay and make double what you paid. Just make sure you guarantee overnight shipping.
  23. Quote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
  24. Quote:
    Cool. Now go sell it on eBay and make double what you paid. Just make sure you guarantee overnight shipping.

Now that is a Capitol(istic) idea. I wonder how much some suck....errrr I mean ..one would pay?

Peace
  25. Pfft, I've had my E6600 piece of sand and quartz from TD since Friday. Living in the midwest does have some benefits. :D
  26. Quote:

Peace

Peace
    What the hell are you two talking about?
  27. Quote:

Peace

Peace

Muwahahahaaaa.... wouldnt you love to know :wink:

Peace
  28. Quote:

Hitchhiker's Guides to the Galaxy. It's a four-book trilogy, radio show and a movie (But doesn't star Gary Busey :P )

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
  29. How come you're a guy and you use the Mrs title?
  30. Quote:

Hitchhiker's Guides to the Galaxy. It's a four-book trilogy, radio show and a movie (But doesn't star Gary Busey :P )

Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal

Ta ta,
    dont forget book # 5 of the trilogy: "Mostly Harmless" :wink:

Peace
  31. Quote:
    Cool. Now go sell it on eBay and make double what you paid. Just make sure you guarantee overnight shipping.

i'd be lieing if i said the idea hadn't occured to me... lol... only if i knew i could get another one for me soon...
  32. Quote:
    How come you're a guy and you use the Mrs title?

Because he's a cross-dressing transvestite :wink:

Peace
  33. Show us some pics from the box, heatsink/fan and cpu. Lets see some real gaming applications. Pls give us some pictures.
  34. Quote:
    Show us some pics from the box, heatsink/fan and cpu. Lets see some real gaming applications. Pls give us some pictures.

Box pics should be out everywhere, heatsink is the same as pentium D's.
  35. Quote:
    Show us some pics from the box, heatsink/fan and cpu. Lets see some real gaming applications. Pls give us some pictures.

Yeah if its good enough for Prescott then the Core shouldnt be a problem lol
  36. Quote:

Yeah if its good enough for Prescott then the Core shouldnt be a problem lol

:D :D :D core 2 duo E6300 is out already here in taiwan, saw the box (awsome art) but pretty much same as pentium D heatsink
  37. Quote:

Huh, that's the exact computer I was thinking about when I was writing...okay, score 1 for LogicSequence.

Socket 370 Celeron 1.10A @ 1.46GHz
    ABIT ST6-RAID
    2 * 256 MB Crucial PC133
    EVGA GeForce 6600 AGP
    Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM/10GB 7200RPM (Stuck on ATA33)
    One crappy Toshiba DVD-ROM
    A FDD that I screwed the wiring up on
    Zalman 400W "Silent" PSU
    A case W/O a name.
    ViewSonic A90f+

What a waste of a perfectly good GF6600.
  38. Who are you really? 9-inch or MMM?
  39. Quote:
    Yeah but my life is 3/4 over and I assure it was a good one.

I dont enter in pointless pissing matchrs with little computer geek boys who are only interested in getting the "poster of the year" award.

Thats great you got your Conroe. Too bad there are no good mobos out for it. Intel really screwed themselves there.

When there are some good mobos out, for less than $200, I'll buy one myself.

fail

intel has 975X badaxe for it... and for sale now... gigabyte got DS3 for it, asus got p5W-dh.

again: fail
  40. Also why do you post here and call people geeks?
  41. Quote:
    Yeah but my life is 3/4 over and I assure it was a good one.

I dont enter in pointless pissing matchrs with little computer geek boys who are only interested in getting the "poster of the year" award.

Thats great you got your Conroe. Too bad there are no good mobos out for it. Intel really screwed themselves there.

When there are some good mobos out, for less than $200, I'll buy one myself.

Mike,
    you dont have to enter into anykind of match. You've already taken your place in the line up by hiding behind yet another puppet.
  42. Quote:
    Also why do you post here and call people geeks?

a fucking hypocrit he is :P
  43. i don't have the chip installed yet, i'm waiting on my motherboard, i have to order one from newegg and they don't have the P5wDH in stock right now GRRR... Hopefully i'll have everything i need friday, if newegg gets stock in by tomorrow.

It was an OEM chip, but i'll be glad to scan in a pic of the chip... :?
  44. Once you get it up and running take some cpuz screens and include notepad saying 9nm is an AMD fanboy.
  45. Quote:
    Once you get it up and running take some cpuz screens and include notepad saying 9nm is an AMD fanboy.

and BaronBS is full of BS :lol: :lol: :lol:
  46. Quote:

Now, *places chip in home floor safe*, all i need is for newegg to get those d@mned Asus P5W DH motherboards in and i can complete my new computer build order... *taps fingers*...

Lol your in the exact opposite situation as me, I got my P5W DH, RAM, Case, Vid Card, Power Supply from NewEgg on Friday. Now I just need my E6600, I canceled my E6600 order from TG after their pre-order screwup...
  47. Quote:

Now that is a Capitol(istic) idea. I wonder how much some suck....errrr I mean ..one would pay?

Peace

LOL... was it you who explained price gouging to me? I forget...

I'm such a hippocrit.
  48. Quote:

Peace

LOL... was it you who explained price gouging to me? I forget...

I'm such a hippocrit.

I think some one once said, "...Its only gouging if you make them bleed" :wink:

Peace
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core Product