Sign in with
Your question

3 graphics cards in one computer (2 in sli, one standalone)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 31, 2006 8:32:43 PM

hi everybody,

i have two 7900gt's in sli mode right now and i have two samsung 19 inch moniters running a dual moniter display setup. its kind of a pain to go and enable/disable sli mode everytime i want to play a game since sli wont let me support 2 moniters.

Anyways, i have an old geforce fx 5200 pci graphics card and i was wondering if i could just plug that guy in and attach my second moniter to that and just leave my 2 7900gt's in sli mode permanently.

Would this work? and will i have to unistall current drivers and install new drivers or will it automatically detect the 5200 no problem?

any suggestions/info would be greatly aprreciated!
Thanks!

my setup:
AMD FX-62 socket AM2
MSI K9N-SLI Deluxe
2x7900gt
2x1gig pqi turbo ddr2 533mhz ram
WD 250 gig ide HD
Hitachi 160 gig SATA HD
ultra x-infinity 600watt PS
July 31, 2006 11:27:04 PM

Quote:
Would this work? and will i have to unistall current drivers and install new drivers or will it automatically detect the 5200 no problem?

You need to go to nVidia web site and read the release notes for the drivers you have currently installed. The release notes will list all supported video cards. If your FX5200 PCI is not on the list it is not supported. Take it from there.

Personally, I have no experience with SLI + the third video card yet, but I think that if your current drivers support the FX5200 everything should work fine.
Related resources
!