skenzie

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Has anyone got raid 0 to work with this board yet?

Contacted Gigabyte about it and received this reply:

"Please double check the drives and cables and swap out to test also check the RAID array and rebuild if necessary. What make of HDD are you using?

You might want to check the temperature for the CPU, M/B chipset or the VGA card to see if it's too hot.
For the hardware, causes could be the memory, CPU or the M/B most of the time. You will need to remove the components one at a time to find out which one is causing it."

Windows installs fine it just wont boot, I get a blue screen.

My setup is the following

cpu: E6300 core 2 duo
ram: 2gb gskill pc6400 dual ram
vga: radeon x1900 xt
hard drive: 2 samsung spinpoint's 4002H

Any ideas, this is driving me insane? :(

coloradodank

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
I just got that board and same cpu today, along with 2gb of corsair xms2 ddr800. I have not installed a raid setup yet but plan to do so when my other raptor gets here. I have a question though, when i go to my easy tune to overclock it shows my fsb as being 66mhz and my ram at 199mhz. But in the bios i have my fsb at 266, am i missing something in the bios or something, if you have any ideas that would be awesome. Kinda new to overclocking with dividers and stuff.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Congratulations, I've had nothing but problems with recent Samsung SATA 3GB/s drives and various RAID controllers. If I recall, the RAID controllers that might work with your drives are Intel and nVidia.

skenzie

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Finally got it working.

This should work with XP and server 2003.

Setup your raid array via the JBmicron, go to the bios and select the fail-safe defaults option on the main screen in the bios.

Disable any USB support, Disable parallel port, disable onboard audio and disable any other stuff you think you wont need for the install.
I kept the serial ports enabled to use a standard mouse and keyboard for the install.

It should now work fine,after it's installed go and enable what you need in the bios.

Boot up Windows..........

I'm thinking it has to be an IRQ conflict during install, who knows????