XP, Pyro web camera and AOL connecting to apple mac!!

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

I'm trying to VCon with someone on an apple-mac who uses iSight and iChat
(Sigh!!! -- looks good!) from my WinXP using AOL but no success as yet. I'm
trying to use a Pyro which is that new, firewire web camera which transmits
in a raw format over the web -- if it's on an apple.

My question is -- has anyone had success with this using a Pyro -- or should
I go with a USB camera which I think will work but where the picture quality
will be lower on a bigger screen. I've moved from cable to broaband here in
Australia because cable goes at 128 Upload which isn't a very good speed --
where some broadbands actually goes faster!! I'm hoping this will work.

Any thoughts..

--
/Disposable/

EWood wrote:
> I'm trying to VCon with someone on an apple-mac who uses iSight and
> iChat (Sigh!!! -- looks good!) from my WinXP using AOL but no success
> as yet. I'm trying to use a Pyro which is that new, firewire web
> camera which transmits in a raw format over the web -- if it's on an
> apple.
>
> My question is -- has anyone had success with this using a Pyro -- or
> should I go with a USB camera which I think will work but where the
> picture quality will be lower on a bigger screen. I've moved from
> cable to broaband here in Australia because cable goes at 128 Upload
> which isn't a very good speed -- where some broadbands actually goes
> faster!! I'm hoping this will work.
>
> Any thoughts..

Having said that, what firewall setting changes would need to be made re
opening certain ports with a pyro on an WinXP??

Thanks

--
/Disposable/