Not enough virtual memory??

adrian

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2001

Hi,
I just bought a new software game, when I run it, there's an error message
pop up and say
"not enough virtual memory." Is that because I don't have enough RAM?
I've tried to set the virtual memory to higher level, but still not
working.... If I upgrade my RAM, will it work?
Also, what would happen if I set my virtual memory higher than
recommended? will there be any side effects?

Thanks.

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:42:09 +1000, "Adrian" <adrian8311@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
> I just bought a new software game, when I run it, there's an error message
>pop up and say
>"not enough virtual memory." Is that because I don't have enough RAM?
> I've tried to set the virtual memory to higher level, but still not
>working.... If I upgrade my RAM, will it work?
> Also, what would happen if I set my virtual memory higher than
>recommended? will there be any side effects?
>
>Thanks.

There are no significant consequences of setting VM to high.
Adding RAM would help.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.