Windows 2000 insitu repair

Major server crash, dual processor motherboard down. Resinstalled W2KAS on new single processor server and after doing a directory services restore from backup the system hangs. The system will boot in safe mode, although it doesn't see the CDdrive. Tried and in situ 'repair' but setup fails to find any previous installations. Interestingly I notice that boot.ini contains 'signature' entries which I believe is a sign that SCSI doesn't support INT13, which it does in this case.

The SCSI config is two disks each with 2 partitions and the system booted off partition 1 disk 2.

Why doesn't the repair see the winnt installation? What can I do to fix it.

Help greatly appreciated.

To start the recovery console you'll need to *F6* very early and very
important (at setup is inspecting your system) in the setup to prevent drive
controller detection, and select S to specify additional drivers. Then later
you'll be prompted to insert the manufacturer supplied Windows 2000 driver
for your scsi or raid controller in drive "A"

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"alanjohnmorris" wrote:
<snip>
| Why doesn't the repair see the winnt installation? What can I do to fix
it.
<snip>

Many thanks, I thought that I had done that, maybe in teh heat of the moment.. Will try again and report back.

Alan