Install Terminal Services on 2K Pro.

I heard there was a registry setting to install terminal
services on Win2k. It goes something like this:

1) edit the registry to make win2k pro think it is "server"
2) install terminal services from win2k server CD
3) do not reboot
4) reset registry back to "win2k pro"
5) reboot.

Any Idea is this is doable? What reg key?

Thanks in advance

Bill

Never heard of this. I do not think this is possible.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"William Hymen" <t18_pilot@hotmail.spam.com> wrote in message
> I heard there was a registry setting to install terminal
> services on Win2k. It goes something like this:
>
> 1) edit the registry to make win2k pro think it is "server"
> 2) install terminal services from win2k server CD
> 3) do not reboot
> 4) reset registry back to "win2k pro"
> 5) reboot.
>
> Any Idea is this is doable? What reg key?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Bill

This is an empty talk if you have Server distro.
Technically you cannot fool Windows without reboot and TS won't work on W2k
Pro.