Pocket Internet Cache?

December 17, 2004 9:56:32 PM

Is there a way to cache pages or images or anything while
browsing via PIE? Also, how come I can not save an image
like I can in Internet Explorer?

More about : pocket internet cache

Anonymous
December 18, 2004 3:48:38 PM

1) It already caches pages. Look under Tools->Options->General and
you'll see "Temporary internet files" listed, thats just like desktop
IE.

There's also a add-in called "internet explorer tools" which allows
you to change the cache size (mine's at 4.5 meg) to stop it gobbling
all your RAM (or you can save more if you like) take a look at
http://www.ppc4all.com/appdetail.php?id=160

There's a temporary internet files folder in \My
Device\Windows\Temporary Internet Files, but that's not the one which
gets used. The files are actualy found (using file manager) in
\My Device\Windows\Profiles\Guest\Temporary Internet Files and the 4
sub-solders under that. Clear your cache then browse a site and you'll
see it fill up. You can browse the images, then copy+paste them from
there (though they can be difficult to identify as you can't tap+hold
and get the filename in PIE !)

2) Dunno. Sometimes it's a pain.

Cheers - Neil

!