Need opinions?

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

I have been tasked to identify a company to purchase video
conferencing equipment for my company. Do you know anything about the
following companies and their products/prices. I appreciate your
advice.

Polycom Video Conferencing Systems for North America

or

Tribecatech.com

What should I be looking for? I am looking for discount prices and
good quality.

What is your opinion of Sony's Polycom----most expensive but superior
quality?

thanks, MU
3 answers Last reply
More about need opinions
  1. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

    "MU" <strine_allison@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have been tasked to identify a company to purchase video
    > conferencing equipment for my company. Do you know anything about the
    > following companies and their products/prices. I appreciate your
    > advice.
    >
    > Polycom Video Conferencing Systems for North America

    Polycom is the market leader, they aquired Picturetel who practically
    invented VC

    > or
    >
    > Tribecatech.com

    Never heard of them

    > What should I be looking for? I am looking for discount prices and
    > good quality.

    Both Tandberg and Polycom produce quality, any vendor will give you
    discounts based om volume. However if you want the cheapest option possible
    then your talking webcams on DSL, its not business quality but it is cheap.

    > What is your opinion of Sony's Polycom----most expensive but superior
    > quality?

    Sony and Polycom are two different companies. Sony is an up and coming VC
    vendor, but then they have been for years, they are currently third in the
    market but probably only represent about a ten percent.

    I'd recommend Polycom or Tandberg for a serious business communication
    (travel replacement tool), see www.globalvc.co.uk

    > thanks, MU

    -=-peas-=-
  2. Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

    Depending on your requirements you may also want to consider Tandberg.

    There's a great thread started on this here:
    http://www.vtctalk.com/showthread.php?t=11183

    Started by a guy in your exact same situation. Good luck.

    --
    George
    George's Profile: http://www.vtctalk.com/member.php?userid=1

    As you are asking can't resist telling you about a product we offer. A
    superior Corporate solution - multi platform and 128bit encyption
    (most providers can't offer this)For next generation e meetings with
    converged voice video whiteboard application sharing look at
    www.whisperit.com/emeetings Rapid return on investment

LAN Polycom Video Conferencing Networking