  • Video Conferencing
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
May 20, 2004 1:51:49 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

I have been tasked to identify a company to purchase video
conferencing equipment for my company. Do you know anything about the
following companies and their products/prices. I appreciate your
advice.

Polycom Video Conferencing Systems for North America

or

Tribecatech.com

What should I be looking for? I am looking for discount prices and
good quality.

What is your opinion of Sony's Polycom----most expensive but superior
quality?

thanks, MU

More about : opinions

Anonymous
July 2, 2004 3:52:11 AM

"MU" <strine_allison@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 0886651.0405200851.342419b9@posting.google.com...
> I have been tasked to identify a company to purchase video
> conferencing equipment for my company. Do you know anything about the
> following companies and their products/prices. I appreciate your
> advice.
>
> Polycom Video Conferencing Systems for North America

Polycom is the market leader, they aquired Picturetel who practically
invented VC

> or
>
> Tribecatech.com

Never heard of them

> What should I be looking for? I am looking for discount prices and
> good quality.

Both Tandberg and Polycom produce quality, any vendor will give you
discounts based om volume. However if you want the cheapest option possible
then your talking webcams on DSL, its not business quality but it is cheap.

> What is your opinion of Sony's Polycom----most expensive but superior
> quality?

Sony and Polycom are two different companies. Sony is an up and coming VC
vendor, but then they have been for years, they are currently third in the
market but probably only represent about a ten percent.

I'd recommend Polycom or Tandberg for a serious business communication
(travel replacement tool), see www.globalvc.co.uk

> thanks, MU

-=-peas-=-
July 2, 2004 4:11:29 PM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

Depending on your requirements you may also want to consider Tandberg.

There's a great thread started on this here:
http://www.vtctalk.com/showthread.php?t=11183

Started by a guy in your exact same situation. Good luck.

--
George
George's Profile: http://www.vtctalk.com/member.php?userid=1

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

As you are asking can't resist telling you about a product we offer. A
superior Corporate solution - multi platform and 128bit encyption
(most providers can't offer this)For next generation e meetings with
converged voice video whiteboard application sharing look at
www.whisperit.com/emeetings Rapid return on investment
!