.net framework v1.1

shadowryu666

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
hey im stuck here. i want to play ddo on my laptop but it requires .net framework v1.1 and evvery time i download it it has a rollback error and wont finish. it sucks to cause it happens as soon as it finishes. has anyone els had this issue befor?

All versions of the .Net framework up to and including 3.5 are built into the base Windows 7 system. It's not possible to install any of those earlier versions because they're already part of Windows 7 and can't be removed. It's only V4.0 and later that can be successfully installed.

If you're having a problem running something it's not due to .Net Framework 1.1...

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
I don't think this is true. Windows 7 comes with .NET 3.5 built into the OS. If something relies on .NET 1.1 framework, then this must be installed as well.

I use a piece of industrial automation software that requires .NET 1.1 specifically to be installed. Now, it may (or may not) be that 3.5 will cover all the features that the software needs, but they look for 1.1 specifically as a prerequisite and will not install without it. It can be installed, I have it installed.

It looks like you're right - 2.0 and 3.5 are included in Windows 7, but not the earlier versions (much to my surprise). Sorry for the misinformation...