great, build not working :(

dccool879

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Boot up, all the lights go on and fans spinning, but nothing on the monitor. Can someone help me spot what is wrong. clues
1. i've tried all jumper combinations
2. when cd drive ide is plugged in, the drive wont open, but when not plugged in, it does.
3. the wireless receiver for the keyboard/mouse lights up
4. i tested a working video card as well as another one in there, still no luck.
5. i've removed everything except fans, ram, cpu, gcard, and mobo and still wont show a pic on the screen
6. tried 1 stick of ram, tried both sticks as 1
7. reset cmos
8. taken out and put back in the cmos battery
9. taken out cpu to make sure it's fine

i've pretty much narrowed it down to the cpu and mobo. Could it be the mobo tho? the mobo powers the cpu fan fine. Also, the cpu i had to bend some pins back. Maybe they are dirty? one needs to be cleaned?? help!!

Boot up, all the lights go on and fans spinning, but nothing on the monitor. Can someone help me spot what is wrong. clues
1. i've tried all jumper combinations
2. when cd drive ide is plugged in, the drive wont open, but when not plugged in, it does.
3. the wireless receiver for the keyboard/mouse lights up
4. i tested a working video card as well as another one in there, still no luck.
5. i've removed everything except fans, ram, cpu, gcard, and mobo and still wont show a pic on the screen
6. tried 1 stick of ram, tried both sticks as 1
7. reset cmos
8. taken out and put back in the cmos battery
9. taken out cpu to make sure it's fine

i've pretty much narrowed it down to the cpu and mobo. Could it be the mobo tho? the mobo powers the cpu fan fine. Also, the cpu i had to bend some pins back. Maybe they are dirty? one needs to be cleaned?? help!!

You might try unplugging everything except the video card and 1 stick of RAM in slot 1. unplug the HD too. It should post to BIOS. If not I'd say that pin you bent may be the culprit.

Zog

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004
I had a simlar problem with a Semperon build I did for a friend. He was determined to put most of the machine togethor himself and managed to drop the CPU and bend a couple of pins in the coner of the thing.....it never did work....took it back and checked it at the store ...sure enough..dead..had to buy another one...... :(