Ron

When I tried to do a system restore I got the following
message" rstrui.exe - entry point not found" with the
description "The procedure entry point
RemoteAssistancePrepareSystemRestore could not be located
in the dynamic link library WINSTA.dll"
Don't know if it matters, but a couple of weeks ago I
ended up reinstalling Windows XP as when I booted up the
blue logon screen would come on the switch directly to
the logoff screen and didn't know what else to do to get
computer running. If I do a update, it says there are no
updates outstanding. Need to do a system restore, but
cannot. I think it has been doing them for last few
weeks, but cannot access system restore to do one because
of this error message.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Hi

Open Windows Explorer and go to the windows\inf folder. Find the sr.inf
file, right click on it and select Install.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User