Where to find old Xmame source?

I'm looking to build a version of Xmame for my Zaurus, but I can't find
the 0.77 version of the source (I have some 0.77 ROMs)

Is old Xmame source archived somewhere?

Thanks for the response!

I was thinking I needed to get a hold of newer roms to use the 0.95
version. I want to use my existing 0.77 ones if possible without
having to track down newer ones.

Plus, I am only going to use it for older 80's games, and on the
ARM-based Zaurus PDA, the newer stuff implemented after 0.77 won't do
me much good - and may slow me down.

I'll try getting a more recent MAME version and seeing if that
supports the ROMs I'm interested in.

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Netsirk Wrote in alt.games.mame:

> I'm looking to build a version of Xmame for my Zaurus, but I can't
> find the 0.77 version of the source (I have some 0.77 ROMs)
>
> Is old Xmame source archived somewhere?

You can change the URL given at:

http://x.mame.net/

The DL link is:

http://x.mame.net/download/xmame-0.95.tar.bz2

Changing 95 to 90 yielded results but 77 was not available. You can
always sign up to the Xmame mailing list and ask Lawrence if its
available somewhere.

Is there a reson that you have to use .77? There is a good chance
that your ROMS will still work with a current version of MAME.

--
David

Nets irk wrote:
> Thanks for the response!
>
> I was thinking I needed to get a hold of newer roms to use the 0.95
> version. I want to use my existing 0.77 ones if possible without
> having to track down newer ones.
>
> Plus, I am only going to use it for older 80's games, and on the
> ARM-based Zaurus PDA, the newer stuff implemented after 0.77 won't do
> me much good - and may slow me down.
>
> I'll try getting a more recent MAME version and seeing if that
> supports the ROMs I'm interested in.

If you grab a copy of catver.ini, the second half, along with the ROMs
you want, will tell you the latest version you should have. If I wasn't
so lazy <G> I'd write you a little proggy to do it.

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad

Netsirk wrote:
> I'm looking to build a version of Xmame for my Zaurus, but I can't find
> the 0.77 version of the source (I have some 0.77 ROMs)
>
> Is old Xmame source archived somewhere?

yes they are archived on x.mame.net

<URL:http://x.mame.net/download/xmame-0.77.1.tar.bz2>

Eric

--
Et je constate que je suis moins seul à la défendre sur quelques cas
concrets, par exemple je ne suis pas le seul, loin de là, à avoir

TRENDING THREADS