network connection problem

devon

A user will log on and occasionally his logon will not
accept the mapped drives, nor allow connection to the
server via \\servername. But I can get on to the server
via IP \\192.168.#.# and I can log on to the server from
the w/s via terminal services.
During this time I can access other servers just fine.

As well I can get on to the workstation from the server
via computername and IP.

All other users are fine during this time, and it is not
just one w/s it is many but never the same one twice
except one.

We are on roaming profiles on 2kpro w/s and NT4 / 2k
adv.servers

Thank you

Devon

Do your AD clients point to the DNS server set up for AD only?

DDS W 2k MVP MCSE