Weirdest motherboard

aakashsharma191

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Hello,

I bought a motherboard A7v400 mx se though old worked fine for 2 months and then suddenly my machine was not booting.I tried everything cleared the rom(CLRTC)no boot no beeps,the red light was still on my pc.I gave this mobo for three times uptil now for warranty replacement.

It supports Amd Anthlon xp and sempron(SOCKET A)

Well i am afraid that this might happen again so any remedies??

nel

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2004
if u still have all the cd that u used to load ur system, use that to repair the problem,,, my p.c. do that sometimes if it get updated...

mad_fitzy

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
Ummmm. He cant get to bios. How can he change his boot order. Anyway have you tried booting the pc with just the ram, cpu & mobo? I had a dead harddrive (i didnt know it at the time) and my pc wouldnt boot until i unplugged it.

G

u need to go on a bios and change ur boothing on cd instead of hd

Did you read his post? (It isn't that long...) Ha can't boot!

Frank_M

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
If it's an old board, maybe the cmos battery needs to be replaced.
It is indeed an older board (my guess it's 3+ years old - sA Athlon, A MP, A XP, Barton; VIA KT400 chipset), but a battery would start showing signs first - messing up bios settings, setting up a password, etc.

Might be a bad component - RAM, HDD; or even the mobo. Dried-out cap?

4Aces

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Get a Nfroce 2 board, you'll be happier they're probably can be found cheap, their onboard graphics are tons better than S3's too and you might get dual channel as well.

sailer

Splendid
It could be either motherboard or psu. If a spare psu is handy, try using that and see what happens. The motherboard is still old, the battery is old and might be dead, and a nforce 2 motherboard would be a good step up. On the other hand, if the money is available, building a new system from ground up would be better yet.

dagonoth

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
If the motherboard is the problem I would just recommend replacing it with a new Socket A board and wait for news to drop on the DX10 video cards and maybe better processors. It would suck to upgrade now, just to get shafted a few months later by a video card that is cheaper and twice as good as the one you bought.

shawnpaul3

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
Crap crap crap *off topic*

I wanted to use Foamy for my icon once I hit 100 posts. I guess I can still use a different variant. :wink:

Foamy for President. LOL

nel

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2004
this is like my 1st time having a p.c. and using it, but I can fixed it whenever it broke down,,, not like most people,,, I was just trying to be helpul,,, why not just say his p.c. is dead instead of not booting,,, I do not know all the terminology when it comes on p.c.

conflict5

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
If they will warranty that is good for you, if not it's only like $20.00 to get soem referbed boads on newegg. I had to fix a few at work and orded 2 boards worked great without spending a ton of money... However I see that you can get a AMD 3400 64 bit with Motherboard for like $99.00 if you are on a budget.. Lots of options at the moment with the prices so low.

aakashsharma191

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Well i did everything what you said then finally i went to an ASUS service center with my processor and MOBO,there i came to found that my processor was faulty and in the upcoming days i am gonna going to update to 64bit. 8)