While Cingular slept

Cingular has had since March to prepare for the ATTWS takeover, but it's
acting like it was a surprise.

Read the www.newcingular.com website and it basically says CHECK BACK
Nov. 10 and maybe we'll say something about doing something by
Christmas. Drive by an ATTWS store and you'd never know there was a
merger.

Compare and contrast this with CVS buying out Eckerd drugs. Eckerd drug
stores closed or converted to CVS stores almost instantly.

> Cingular has had since March to prepare for the ATTWS takeover, but it's
> acting like it was a surprise.
>
> Read the www.newcingular.com website and it basically says CHECK BACK
> Nov. 10 and maybe we'll say something about doing something by
> Christmas. Drive by an ATTWS store and you'd never know there was a
> merger.
>
> Compare and contrast this with CVS buying out Eckerd drugs. Eckerd drug
> stores closed or converted to CVS stores almost instantly.

And your point? Anything more than whining about your current provider, or
are you trying to sound like you know how a merger of this nature occurs?
We all know that not to be the case, as you have always inflated your
claims, bent the truth and spoke of things about which you have no
knowledge.

Jer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004

Jack Zwick wrote:

> Cingular has had since March to prepare for the ATTWS takeover, but it's
> acting like it was a surprise.
>
> Read the www.newcingular.com website and it basically says CHECK BACK
> Nov. 10 and maybe we'll say something about doing something by
> Christmas. Drive by an ATTWS store and you'd never know there was a
> merger.
>
> Compare and contrast this with CVS buying out Eckerd drugs. Eckerd drug
> stores closed or converted to CVS stores almost instantly.

Come on Jack, this comparison of yours is so far out of line as to be
laughable.

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

In article <cm1pl1$bpn@library1.airnews.net>, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten>
wrote:

> Jack Zwick wrote:
>
> > Cingular has had since March to prepare for the ATTWS takeover, but it's
> > acting like it was a surprise.
> >
> > Read the www.newcingular.com website and it basically says CHECK BACK
> > Nov. 10 and maybe we'll say something about doing something by
> > Christmas. Drive by an ATTWS store and you'd never know there was a
> > merger.
> >
> > Compare and contrast this with CVS buying out Eckerd drugs. Eckerd drug
> > stores closed or converted to CVS stores almost instantly.
>

> Come on Jack, this comparison of yours is so far out of line as to be
> laughable.

Go by an AT&TWS store, and an Eckerd store and see.

Jer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004

Jack Zwick wrote:

> In article <cm1pl1$bpn@library1.airnews.net>, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten>
> wrote:
>

>>Jack Zwick wrote:
>>

>>>Cingular has had since March to prepare for the ATTWS takeover, but it's
>>>acting like it was a surprise.
>>>
>>>Read the www.newcingular.com website and it basically says CHECK BACK
>>>Nov. 10 and maybe we'll say something about doing something by
>>>Christmas. Drive by an ATTWS store and you'd never know there was a
>>>merger.
>>>
>>>Compare and contrast this with CVS buying out Eckerd drugs. Eckerd drug
>>>stores closed or converted to CVS stores almost instantly.
>>

>>Come on Jack, this comparison of yours is so far out of line as to be
>>laughable.
>

> Go by an AT&TWS store, and an Eckerd store and see.

I'm sorry you've missed my point, so allow me the opportunity to sharpen
it a bit... A drug store chain and a wireless communication company are
two entirely different kettles of fish on more points than you can count
on hands and feet. While the necessary changes inside each would be
significant, a wireless operation like Cingular and ATTWS are a hundred
fold more complicated. Personally, I'd be absolutely amazed if the
dictintions between these two major players are gone in anything less
than a year, or even two. OTOH, you're welcome to continue with this
absurd comparative of yours while the rest of us continue to laugh hard
enough to piss in our pants.

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

>Go by an AT&TWS store, and an Eckerd store and see.

The Eckard store here close to this house still says Eckard on all the signs.
The only difference was a dry spell in our ability to buy beer from the store
while they applied for the necessary liscences for the new owners.

No other changes have taken place.

I'll try to get by an AT&T store later today and let you know what I see there!

--
John S.

In <jzwick3-5F07D4.16275730102004@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Sat, 30 Oct
2004 21:27:24 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

>Cingular has had since March to prepare for the ATTWS takeover, but it's
>acting like it was a surprise.

Cingular has actually moved with great speed, rebranding, changing networks,
etc.

>Read the www.newcingular.com website and it basically says CHECK BACK
>Nov. 10

True. Which is very fast.

>and maybe we'll say something about doing something by
>Christmas.

What it actually says: "Our goal is to have it available to you by this
holiday season." I expect that to be well before Christmas, perhaps even
before Thanksgiving. Time will tell.

>Drive by an ATTWS store and you'd never know there was a
>merger.

You will know if you go inside. Changing signs takes time, and can be
disruptive.

>Compare and contrast this with CVS buying out Eckerd drugs. Eckerd drug
>stores closed or converted to CVS stores almost instantly.

Apples and oranges.

In article <TP7hd.2551$_3.33176@typhoon.sonic.net>,

> In <jzwick3-5F07D4.16275730102004@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Sat, 30 Oct
> 2004 21:27:24 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> >Cingular has had since March to prepare for the ATTWS takeover, but it's
> >acting like it was a surprise.
>
> Cingular has actually moved with great speed, rebranding, changing networks,
> etc.

Baloney. Go by any AT&T Wireless store. Not a Cingular logo anywhere.

> >Read the www.newcingular.com website and it basically says CHECK BACK
> >Nov. 10
>
> True. Which is very fast.

They had 6 months to get ready, and now its maybe Nov. 10 they'll tell
you when in Holiday season??

> >and maybe we'll say something about doing something by
> >Christmas.
>
> What it actually says: "Our goal is to have it available to you by this
> holiday season." I expect that to be well before Christmas, perhaps even
> before Thanksgiving. Time will tell.
>
> >Drive by an ATTWS store and you'd never know there was a
> >merger.
>
> You will know if you go inside. Changing signs takes time, and can be
> disruptive.

I went inside, it's 100% unchanged.

> >Compare and contrast this with CVS buying out Eckerd drugs. Eckerd drug
> >stores closed or converted to CVS stores almost instantly.
>
> Apples and oranges.

Buyout and buyout. Quick changeover vs No changeover yet.

In article <cm2tbi$1eq@library1.airnews.net>, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten>
wrote:

> Jack Zwick wrote:
>
> > In article <cm1pl1$bpn@library1.airnews.net>, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten>
> > wrote:

> >>Come on Jack, this comparison of yours is so far out of line as to be
> >>laughable.
> >

> > Go by an AT&TWS store, and an Eckerd store and see.
>

> I'm sorry you've missed my point, so allow me the opportunity to sharpen
> it a bit... A drug store chain and a wireless communication company are
> two entirely different kettles of fish on more points than you can count
> on hands and feet.

It's exactly the same procedure to hang a Cingular sign on top of an
AT&T Wireless sign as it is to hang a CVS sign over an Eckerd sign.

> While the necessary changes inside each would be
> significant, a wireless operation like Cingular and ATTWS are a hundred
> fold more complicated.

Fine but on DAY 1, Cingular was unprepared. CVS wasn't.

In article <20041031074924.24246.00003208@mb-m02.aol.com>,
sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:

> >Go by an AT&TWS store, and an Eckerd store and see.
> >

> The Eckard store here close to this house still says Eckard on all the signs.
> The only difference was a dry spell in our ability to buy beer from the store
> while they applied for the necessary liscences for the new owners.
>
> No other changes have taken place.
>
> I'll try to get by an AT&T store later today and let you know what I see
> there!

In Texas Eckerd stores are either:

closed empty shells, with all signage gone, and merchandize now
being closed out at BIG LOTS or

are now CVS stores, with all Eckerd signage gone, or hidden behind CVS
signs.

===

AT&TWS stores are unchanged, still selling 1900 MHz only phones for
AT&TWS plans.

> In article <20041031074924.24246.00003208@mb-m02.aol.com>,
> sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:
>
> > >Go by an AT&TWS store, and an Eckerd store and see.
> > >

> > The Eckard store here close to this house still says Eckard on all the
signs.
> > The only difference was a dry spell in our ability to buy beer from the
store
> > while they applied for the necessary liscences for the new owners.
> >
> > No other changes have taken place.
> >
> > I'll try to get by an AT&T store later today and let you know what I see
> > there!
>

> In Texas Eckerd stores are either:
>
> closed empty shells, with all signage gone, and merchandize now
> being closed out at BIG LOTS or
>
> are now CVS stores, with all Eckerd signage gone, or hidden behind CVS
> signs.
>

> ===
>

> AT&TWS stores are unchanged, still selling 1900 MHz only phones for
> AT&TWS plans.

One thing that your lunatic rantings fail to consider- Cingular is still
marketing under both brands.

Jer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004

Jack Zwick wrote:

>>I'm sorry you've missed my point, so allow me the opportunity to sharpen
>>it a bit... A drug store chain and a wireless communication company are
>>two entirely different kettles of fish on more points than you can count
>>on hands and feet.
>

> It's exactly the same procedure to hang a Cingular sign on top of an
> AT&T Wireless sign as it is to hang a CVS sign over an Eckerd sign.

Oh, okay, I now think it was me missing your point. All you're
referring to is the external signage facing the street. Uh, yeah,
anybody can splurg some orange and blue paint on a renegade sheet from
the laundry pole. (I'd choose the pretty blue ones to save on paint)
However, I'm unsure what value this superficial change may mean in the
overall scheme of things, especially when one considers the major
internal differences of the two companies.

>>While the necessary changes inside each would be
>>significant, a wireless operation like Cingular and ATTWS are a hundred
>>fold more complicated.
>

> Fine but on DAY 1, Cingular was unprepared. CVS wasn't.

One hardly needs to look very deep to know that excrement occurs,
despite best efforts - including your own. I don't think it's enough
reason to rub salt into places it doesn't belong. Clearly, YMMV.

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Jer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004

John Navas wrote:

[....]

> Apples and oranges.

Considering the colour changes evident on Robby Gordon's #31 Chevy in
today's Atlanta NASCAR race, I think grapes and oranges would be more
appropriate. Sorry to be such a nit. <giggle>

--
jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Who cares if it takes days, weeks or months. It is no big deal. Get
over it.

Jack Zwick wrote:
> In article <TP7hd.2551$_3.33176@typhoon.sonic.net>,
> John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
>

>>[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>>
>>In <jzwick3-5F07D4.16275730102004@news1.west.earthlink.net> on Sat, 30 Oct
>>2004 21:27:24 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Cingular has had since March to prepare for the ATTWS takeover, but it's
>>>acting like it was a surprise.
>>
>>Cingular has actually moved with great speed, rebranding, changing networks,
>>etc.
>

> Baloney. Go by any AT&T Wireless store. Not a Cingular logo anywhere.
>

>>>Read the www.newcingular.com website and it basically says CHECK BACK
>>>Nov. 10
>>
>>True. Which is very fast.
>

> They had 6 months to get ready, and now its maybe Nov. 10 they'll tell
> you when in Holiday season??
>

>>>and maybe we'll say something about doing something by
>>>Christmas.
>>
>>What it actually says: "Our goal is to have it available to you by this
>>holiday season." I expect that to be well before Christmas, perhaps even
>>before Thanksgiving. Time will tell.
>>

>>>Drive by an ATTWS store and you'd never know there was a
>>>merger.
>>
>>You will know if you go inside. Changing signs takes time, and can be
>>disruptive.
>

> I went inside, it's 100% unchanged.
>

>>>Compare and contrast this with CVS buying out Eckerd drugs. Eckerd drug
>>>stores closed or converted to CVS stores almost instantly.
>>
>>Apples and oranges.
>

> Buyout and buyout. Quick changeover vs No changeover yet.

Desi

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2004

Wrong - in the DFW area Eckerds Stores still have the Eckerd's signs and
none have closed yet.

> In article <20041031074924.24246.00003208@mb-m02.aol.com>,
> sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.) wrote:
>
> > >Go by an AT&TWS store, and an Eckerd store and see.
> > >

> > The Eckard store here close to this house still says Eckard on all the
signs.
> > The only difference was a dry spell in our ability to buy beer from the
store
> > while they applied for the necessary liscences for the new owners.
> >
> > No other changes have taken place.
> >
> > I'll try to get by an AT&T store later today and let you know what I see
> > there!
>

> In Texas Eckerd stores are either:
>
> closed empty shells, with all signage gone, and merchandize now
> being closed out at BIG LOTS or
>
> are now CVS stores, with all Eckerd signage gone, or hidden behind CVS
> signs.
>

> ===
>

> AT&TWS stores are unchanged, still selling 1900 MHz only phones for
> AT&TWS plans.

---

AT&T Wireless stores will be re-branded (at least on the inside) by November
15. The funny thing is that they haven't hired any outside help to make the
switch. Store employees will be doing all the work.

In article <bdfhd.82776$5v2.62274@fe2.columbus.rr.com>,
"bainer" <nunya@bizness.com> wrote:

> AT&T Wireless stores will be re-branded (at least on the inside) by November
> 15. The funny thing is that they haven't hired any outside help to make the
> switch. Store employees will be doing all the work.

And then fired.

In article <cm3r28$c5a@library1.airnews.net>, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten>
wrote:

> John Navas wrote:
>
> [....]
>

> > Apples and oranges.
> >

> Considering the colour changes evident on Robby Gordon's #31 Chevy in
> today's Atlanta NASCAR race, I think grapes and oranges would be more
> appropriate. Sorry to be such a nit. <giggle>

Making a 10 foot by 3 foot Canvas banner to place over an old company
name is simple. CVS has done it to cover over some Eckerd signs, Why
can't Cingular do it to cover over ATT Wireless signs?

Still today the ATT Wireless store was signing folks up to ATTWS plans
with 1900 Mhz phones, that will be problematic on a Cingular Network.

A simple phone call: STOP SELLING 1900 MHz phones.

> In article <cm3r28$c5a@library1.airnews.net>, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten>
> wrote:
>
> > John Navas wrote:
> >
> > [....]
> >

> > > Apples and oranges.
> > >

> > Considering the colour changes evident on Robby Gordon's #31 Chevy in
> > today's Atlanta NASCAR race, I think grapes and oranges would be more
> > appropriate. Sorry to be such a nit. <giggle>
>
> Making a 10 foot by 3 foot Canvas banner to place over an old company
> name is simple. CVS has done it to cover over some Eckerd signs, Why
> can't Cingular do it to cover over ATT Wireless signs?

Because they are still selling and marketing under both brands- are you so
stupid as to have missed that part?

> Still today the ATT Wireless store was signing folks up to ATTWS plans
> with 1900 Mhz phones, that will be problematic on a Cingular Network.
>
> A simple phone call: STOP SELLING 1900 MHz phones.

Yes, folks- the Troll Lord has spoken. You must obey.

In article <cm3qsh$nvg@library1.airnews.net>, Jer <gdunn@airmail.ten>
wrote:

> Jack Zwick wrote:
>

> >>I'm sorry you've missed my point, so allow me the opportunity to sharpen
> >>it a bit... A drug store chain and a wireless communication company are
> >>two entirely different kettles of fish on more points than you can count
> >>on hands and feet.
> >

> > It's exactly the same procedure to hang a Cingular sign on top of an
> > AT&T Wireless sign as it is to hang a CVS sign over an Eckerd sign.
>
> Oh, okay, I now think it was me missing your point. All you're
> referring to is the external signage facing the street. Uh, yeah,
> anybody can splurg some orange and blue paint on a renegade sheet from
> the laundry pole. (I'd choose the pretty blue ones to save on paint)
> However, I'm unsure what value this superficial change may mean in the
> overall scheme of things, especially when one considers the major
> internal differences of the two companies.

According to Navas it simple to merge the 2 companies. When January comes
and all the promised integration is still off in the distance, remind of
how simple he said ti would be. ATTWS is not making the integration
easier by adding hundreds of thousands more customers to the rolls of
ATTWS plans.

ATTWS stores are still selling 1900 MHz only phones on ATTWS plans. Big
sign still in window: Nights start at 7 PM at ATT Wireless; referring to
Free Nights and Weekends starting at 7 PM on ATTWS plans starting at
$59.99, while its $7/month on similar Cingular plans.

> According to Navas it simple to merge the 2 companies. When January comes
> and all the promised integration is still off in the distance, remind of
> how simple he said ti would be. ATTWS is not making the integration
> easier by adding hundreds of thousands more customers to the rolls of
> ATTWS plans.
>

> ATTWS stores are still selling 1900 MHz only phones on ATTWS plans. Big
> sign still in window: Nights start at 7 PM at ATT Wireless; referring to
> Free Nights and Weekends starting at 7 PM on ATTWS plans starting at
> $59.99, while its $7/month on similar Cingular plans.

I guess you've never heard of a company that sells under two different
brands- leading the sheltered life your posts indicate, I'm not surprised.

They openly stated that they would continue to sell under the ATTW brand for
a while. Why don't you post that? Is it because it totally throws your
whining complaints out the window?

On 31 Oct 2004 12:49:24 GMT, sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.)
said in alt.cellular.cingular:

>>Go by an AT&TWS store, and an Eckerd store and see.

>The Eckard store here close to this house still says Eckard on all the signs.

Same here on both of them.

>In Texas Eckerd stores are either:
>
>closed empty shells, with all signage gone,

Well, I will have to look next time I am in the Dallas area. At home our Eckard
(East Texas) is still Eckard.

--
John S.

>> AT&TWS stores are unchanged, still selling 1900 MHz only phones for
>> AT&TWS plans.

What phone is AT&T selling that is 1900 only???? I think that you went into a
T-Mobile store and forgot were you were!

As far as I know, AT&T WS has never sold a 1900MHz only phone.

--
John S.

>All you're
>referring to is the external signage facing the street.

The difference was that Cingular was prevented by LAW from doing anything until
approval was given - MONDAY. They weren't un=prepared, they just were not
alowed to and Phillip knows this, he is just got something else with a couple
new user ID's to argue with himself about.

--
John S.