Saves from Xbox to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

I'm trying to transfer my save game from my Box to my PC using an AR. I get
the files over and all that just fine and copy the .ess file into the saves
directory, but when I load it I get errors and a CTD.
The errors say that "the master files may have changed since this save was
created and you may encounter errors, continue loading?" and I say yes. Then
I get a string of errors regarding Items and their numbers and how they
either aren't found in the save file or in Player. Then a CTD. Is there
anything I can do? I turned off all the mods and I just can't figure it out.
The other people I talked too said that theirs transfererd without any
problems.

Is there anything I can do with the construction set to fix the save or
something?

I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that Bloodmoon installs the
latest patch automatically(sp). Is there any way to uninstall the patch so I
can test it? BTW, here's the errors it gives me:
Unknown the _ID in ConstructObject.
Errors were encountered loading from file 'Stoli 16 Oct At 22-02-12.ess'.
Item "3212215347839910538" not found on "player".
Item "3992689469465676" not found on "player".
Item "3212215347839910538" not found on "PlayerSaveGame".
Item "3992689469465676" not found on "PlayerSaveGame".

Thanks
Diggity

"y0_diggity" <digexpbTAKETHISOUT@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to transfer my save game from my Box to my PC using an AR. I
> get the files over and all that just fine and copy the .ess file into the
> saves directory, but when I load it I get errors and a CTD.
> The errors say that "the master files may have changed since this save was
> created and you may encounter errors, continue loading?" and I say yes.
> Then I get a string of errors regarding Items and their numbers and how
> they either aren't found in the save file or in Player. Then a CTD. Is
> there anything I can do? I turned off all the mods and I just can't figure
> it out. The other people I talked too said that theirs transfererd without
> any problems.
>
> Is there anything I can do with the construction set to fix the save or
> something?
>
> I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that Bloodmoon installs the
> latest patch automatically(sp). Is there any way to uninstall the patch so
> I can test it? BTW, here's the errors it gives me:
> Unknown the _ID in ConstructObject.
> Errors were encountered loading from file 'Stoli 16 Oct At 22-02-12.ess'.
> Item "3212215347839910538" not found on "player".
> Item "3992689469465676" not found on "player".
> Item "3212215347839910538" not found on "PlayerSaveGame".
> Item "3992689469465676" not found on "PlayerSaveGame".
>
> Thanks
> Diggity

Sorry, the game is Morrowind.

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"y0_diggity" <digexpbTAKETHISOUT@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to transfer my save game from my Box to my PC using an AR. I
> get the files over and all that just fine and copy the .ess file into the
> saves directory, but when I load it I get errors and a CTD.
> The errors say that "the master files may have changed since this save was
> created and you may encounter errors, continue loading?" and I say yes.
> Then I get a string of errors regarding Items and their numbers and how
> they either aren't found in the save file or in Player. Then a CTD. Is
> there anything I can do? I turned off all the mods and I just can't figure
> it out. The other people I talked too said that theirs transfererd without
> any problems.
>
> Is there anything I can do with the construction set to fix the save or
> something?
>
> I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that Bloodmoon installs the
> latest patch automatically(sp). Is there any way to uninstall the patch so
> I can test it? BTW, here's the errors it gives me:
> Unknown the _ID in ConstructObject.
> Errors were encountered loading from file 'Stoli 16 Oct At 22-02-12.ess'.
> Item "3212215347839910538" not found on "player".
> Item "3992689469465676" not found on "player".
> Item "3212215347839910538" not found on "PlayerSaveGame".
> Item "3992689469465676" not found on "PlayerSaveGame".
>
> Thanks
> Diggity

Sorry, the game is Morrowind.

> "y0_diggity" <digexpbTAKETHISOUT@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to transfer my save game from my Box to my PC using an AR. I
> > get the files over and all that just fine and copy the .ess file into
the
> > saves directory, but when I load it I get errors and a CTD.
> > The errors say that "the master files may have changed since this save
was
> > created and you may encounter errors, continue loading?" and I say yes.
> > Then I get a string of errors regarding Items and their numbers and how
> > they either aren't found in the save file or in Player. Then a CTD. Is
> > there anything I can do? I turned off all the mods and I just can't
figure
> > it out. The other people I talked too said that theirs transfererd
without
> > any problems.
> >
> > Is there anything I can do with the construction set to fix the save or
> > something?
> >
> > I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that Bloodmoon installs the
> > latest patch automatically(sp). Is there any way to uninstall the patch
so
> > I can test it? BTW, here's the errors it gives me:
> > Unknown the _ID in ConstructObject.
> > Errors were encountered loading from file 'Stoli 16 Oct At
22-02-12.ess'.
> > Item "3212215347839910538" not found on "player".
> > Item "3992689469465676" not found on "player".
> > Item "3212215347839910538" not found on "PlayerSaveGame".
> > Item "3992689469465676" not found on "PlayerSaveGame".
> >
> > Thanks
> > Diggity
> >
> Sorry, the game is Morrowind.

I dont about this device that could copy saves except ARs MAX DRIVE, and it
automatically zips them for you, what is the AR device u are using and is it
designed for this like MAX DRIVE?

skidz

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

> I dont about this device that could copy saves except ARs MAX DRIVE, and
> it
> automatically zips them for you, what is the AR device u are using and is
> it
> designed for this like MAX DRIVE?
>
> skidz

The AR is an Action Replay. I already have the save file on the PC, I just
can't get the game to accept it. I've read numerous posts in various places
that say it works, but I can't get it to go.
Diggity

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

http://www.xbox-saves.com/index.php?category=manager

"jkl" <ahmedbasic@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> http://www.xbox-saves.com/index.php?category=manager

Like I said, I already have the Xbox file on my PC, I just need to get it to
work and was hoping for some ideas.
Diggity

y0_diggity wrote:
> I'm trying to transfer my save game from my Box to my PC using an AR. I get
> the files over and all that just fine and copy the .ess file into the saves
> directory, but when I load it I get errors and a CTD.
> The errors say that "the master files may have changed since this save was
> created and you may encounter errors, continue loading?" and I say yes. Then
> I get a string of errors regarding Items and their numbers and how they
> either aren't found in the save file or in Player. Then a CTD. Is there
> anything I can do? I turned off all the mods and I just can't figure it out.
> The other people I talked too said that theirs transfererd without any
> problems.
>
> Is there anything I can do with the construction set to fix the save or
> something?
>
> I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that Bloodmoon installs the
> latest patch automatically(sp). Is there any way to uninstall the patch so I
> can test it? BTW, here's the errors it gives me:
> Unknown the _ID in ConstructObject.
> Errors were encountered loading from file 'Stoli 16 Oct At 22-02-12.ess'.
> Item "3212215347839910538" not found on "player".
> Item "3992689469465676" not found on "player".
> Item "3212215347839910538" not found on "PlayerSaveGame".
> Item "3992689469465676" not found on "PlayerSaveGame".
>
> Thanks
> Diggity

well I assume if your XBox version is bloodmoon-latest and you haven't
installed bloodmoon on the PC then you won't be able to carry the items
from the expansion?

as for the CTD, that just baffles me - you already said you tried
resaving the game without any mods - the only thing I can suggest is to
either get tribunal and/or bloodmoon installed on the PC, or grab the
latest patches from morrowind.com

if so try the latter first - it's free :)

hope it gets sorted soon (morrowind on PC is gorgeous :) )

"Stuart Hacking" <smhacking@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> well I assume if your XBox version is bloodmoon-latest and you haven't
> installed bloodmoon on the PC then you won't be able to carry the items
> from the expansion?
>
> as for the CTD, that just baffles me - you already said you tried resaving
> the game without any mods - the only thing I can suggest is to either get
> tribunal and/or bloodmoon installed on the PC, or grab the latest patches
> from morrowind.com
>
> if so try the latter first - it's free :)
>
> hope it gets sorted soon (morrowind on PC is gorgeous :) )

Yeah, both Xbox and PC are GOTY which has Tribunal and Bloodmoon. So
versions are the same, other than the patch on the PC.
Diggity

Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Just curious..why are you trying to do this??

"Pug Fugley" <nosir@not.com> wrote in message
> Just curious..why are you trying to do this??

Because I've been playing on the Xbox for a while now and I just got GOTY
for PC. I hate playing things over, I wanted to get my save to the PC so I
could continue where I'm at on the Box.
At any rate, figured out how to make it work by using a standard Xbox memory
card and controller with a modified USB pigtail. It works perfectly, all my
items, quests, etc are in place. I'm lovin' it! And the bonus is that now I
can a couple mods to my game, so that should be fun.
Diggity

> "Pug Fugley" <nosir@not.com> wrote in message
> > Just curious..why are you trying to do this??
> >
> Because I've been playing on the Xbox for a while now and I just got GOTY
> for PC. I hate playing things over, I wanted to get my save to the PC so I
> could continue where I'm at on the Box.
> At any rate, figured out how to make it work by using a standard Xbox
memory
> card and controller with a modified USB pigtail. It works perfectly, all
my
> items, quests, etc are in place. I'm lovin' it! And the bonus is that now
> can a couple mods to my game, so that should be fun.
> Diggity

Wow. I didn't know that the game saves between Xbox and PC were
interchangeable. Cool!

> Wow. I didn't know that the game saves between Xbox and PC were
> interchangeable. Cool!

Totally. When you first load it, it gives you two errors and it takes a
looooooong time to parse your quests, but then after it loads and you
re-save it, it's just like any other game. All you need is the .ess file
from the xbox. It'll come across with a bunch of files, but the rest are
only there for Xbox stuff and are not needed for pc. Now, going from PC to
Xbox requires more work because of the MS signature that is required, but it
can be done as well.
Diggity