iMac PC (WinXP) Video

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

I did some search in this newsgroup about this, most of what I found
about videoconferencing between a Mac and PC is pretty old.

I have an iMac G4 on OS X. I would like to able to
video/teleconference, even with just one other party (P2P), that uses
a PC.

- Yahoo Messenger will to do voice and video between PCs, but now
voice with the Mac.

- iChat is supposed to be somewhat compatable with AOL IM, but appears
to only be compatable for keyboard chat. iChat works great with voice
and video... as long as I am talking to another MAC using iChat.

- AOL IM for the Mac won't do much but keyboard chat to a PC.

Is there something available that will allow a MAC and a PC to do
voice and video?

Anyone tried running the PC version of Yahoo Messenger on a MAC with
"virtual PC?"

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

Curtis:

Good luck. I work in a mixed Mac & PC environment and
we have not yet found a good solution to this issue. If you
find one I'd like to hear about it. The best we have been
able to do is add SIP based software clients to both the
Mac & PC to get a common based upon which to communicate.

We are working in a large enterprise environment so maybe
our needs are different than yours but so far this is the
best we can do.

Curtis CCR wrote:
> I did some search in this newsgroup about this, most of what I found
> about videoconferencing between a Mac and PC is pretty old.
>
> I have an iMac G4 on OS X. I would like to able to
> video/teleconference, even with just one other party (P2P), that uses
> a PC.
>
> - Yahoo Messenger will to do voice and video between PCs, but now
> voice with the Mac.
>
> - iChat is supposed to be somewhat compatable with AOL IM, but appears
> to only be compatable for keyboard chat. iChat works great with voice
> and video... as long as I am talking to another MAC using iChat.
>
> - AOL IM for the Mac won't do much but keyboard chat to a PC.
>

> Is there something available that will allow a MAC and a PC to do
> voice and video?
>
> Anyone tried running the PC version of Yahoo Messenger on a MAC with
> "virtual PC?"

Eugene

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.videoconf (More info?)

www.ivisit.com