Currupted files

Altima NEO

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
Hey guys, so Ive got a bit of a huge problem.

Long story short, I messed up my data on a drive with testdisk, and I dont know how to fix it.

I was transferring a hard drive from an old computer into a new one. This new computer had an existing drive. The existing one was meant to have Windows installed on it and the old drive had files, photos, and other personal data. This drive was divided into two partitions.

While installing Windows 7, I accidentally deleted one of the two partitions on the old drive. I was gonna try and recover the partition with testdisk.

Well Once Windows was installed, I did just that. Testdisk showed the partition after analyzing, and so I had it write the partition table. Upon rebooting the computer would no longer boot into windows, it would just hang after posting. I reinstalled windows again, however the deleted partition was not recovered, and the partition that I didnt delete was no longer accessible, "access denied."

It turned out to be a permissions problem, so I put ownership and whatnot on the drive, and I could access it again. However now all the files are corrupt. I checked for errors within Windows using the "check disk for errors" program in the drive properties. Windows found no errors.

I have no idea how to fix this, am I totally screwed?

At this point I dont care about the deleted partition, I just want to fix the corrupt data on the other partition.

Other notes, testdisk no longer shows the missing partition, and I believe windows created a 100 MB partition on the old drive during the second windows install.