Server Connection Problems

devon

I am having a problem with connection to one of our
servers, the problem happens sparatically and there are
not event logs associated. This only has happened on a few
workstations and when it happens, the one server can be
fully accessed by IP, but when you access it by name all I
can see is any files that I have created within the past
week and nothing else.

I can ping the server by name and IP fine.
When it happens, it is when you initially login.

I have updated and checked viruses with NAV abd trendmicro.

Rebooting seems to fix this issue most of the time, if
that doesn't work then a few reboots later it will work.

Any help or comments are appreciated,

Thanks

Devon

During the problem you only see recently created files?
So if you use \\server\share you only see some files but if you
\\ipaddress\share you are able to see everything?
What OS are the client machines?
What happens if you use \\fqdn\share
Does the problem happen when you initially logon to the server, client, or
make the network connection?

Taking a trace would definitly help in showing what is/isn't being sent from
the server.

--
James Brandt [MSFT]