Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Intel E6600 core 2 duo

Votes: 33 78.6%

• Total voters

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
You Have to Now Clearly See Even AMD Boys Would Recommend the E6600
It'll Be a Better overclocker and take less Energy To run. Especially if you pay your own Energy Bills. More performance-per-watt

I've seen a lot of stress on the choice, let's see it clearly, the choice of the people.

What's the point? You already made a similar thread:

What to chose AMD or Intel

Between the AMD Athlon X2 5000+ and Intel Conroe E6600, Conroe has been shown to be better than the Athlon in many independent hardware website. It may be slightly more expensive, but only by about $100 more for both CPU and motherboard.

If you can't spend that extra $100 (or so) for a Conroe system, then just buy the Athlon X2 for a good, but slower system.

Stop posting these useless threads which will probably start some flame wars.

Vinny

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004
At the moment, AMD is only worth it in the lower end... because the Core 2 Duo doesn't have anything under $180 MSRP (yet).

9-inch

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
I've seen a lot of stress on the choice, let's see it clearly, the choice of the people.

Go all the way with the X2-5000+ (price/performance wise). You won't regret it. :wink:

Don't listen to the intel wankers. They will even tell you that a Pentium-D is better than an Athlon X2.

cyborg_ninja-117

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006

Go all the way with the X2-5000+ (price/performance wise). You won't regret it. :wink:

Don't listen to the intel wankers. They will even tell you that a Pentium-D is better than an Athlon X2.

Fail

9-Inch, you are only saying that because AMD doesn't have the fastest processor anymore. Several months ago it was all about speed and performance. Now that AMD doesn't have that you've changed the criteria to whatever AMD is doing best in.

What would you rather have?

A) An Athlon FX-62 that's just about thermally maxed out (does netburst resemble this?)

or B) A brand spanking new architecture that has amazingly low thermals and two truckloads of headroom?

shabodah

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2006
I guess I'm a low end guy. The thing that has me most upset is lack of availability of the 35 watt 3800x2. I couldn't care less about the 5000 or the 6600. Decent power, decent price, can cope with the fact I don't have A/C and will become the wife's homework computer without any hassle when I'm done with it in 6-12 months.