i9900 and Pixma8500 - opinions please

The vendors' websites aren't very helpful - they all reprint Canon's
bumf. My question comes down to this:

Is the Pixma 8500 basically a smaller version of the i9900? They both
have 8 tanks, both are 4800x2400 dpi, etc. Main difference sesm to be
that i9900 can print 13'x19' images.

Any information and reports of experience with these printer gratefully
received. Use this forum, please.

Thanks in advance,
19 answers Last reply
More about i9900 pixma8500 opinions please

    Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

    > The vendors' websites aren't very helpful - they all reprint Canon's
    > bumf. My question comes down to this:
    >
    > Is the Pixma 8500 basically a smaller version of the i9900?

    Sort of. They have the same basic print engine. The speed is close but
    not identical.

    The i9900 is not a PIXMA IP model. It is an i Series which have been
    discontinued except for this wide format printer. The i9900 is the best
    value in a wide format print bar none.

    The IP8500, like all of the PIXMA models, has twin paper feeds and can
    print full duplex. It is a great printer. I wish that Canon updates
    the i9900 to a PIXMA model. I also would like to see it do 16x20
    borderless and have Canon make Photo Paper Pro in that size.

    > They both have 8 tanks, both are 4800x2400 dpi, etc. Main difference
    > sesm to be that i9900 can print 13'x19' images.
    >
    > Any information and reports of experience with these printer
    > gratefully received. Use this forum, please.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,

    In reality: many of the Pixma printers use the same inks as i9x printers.
    Therefore they are simply repackaging of the old technology as the color
    gamut of the ink does not change.

    Canon printers work with Canon printer drivers and contain profiles only for
    Canon papers: essentially three surface types. The color profiles, using
    Canon color management protocols do not provide even mediocre color matching
    to one's calibrated monitor in a color managed environment: my disappointing
    personal experience leads me to this conclusion.

    I do not think anyone serious about color printing should buy a Canon
    printer unless they are prepared to generate individual printer/paper
    profiles for Canon and non-Canon papers. I do not think the problem is in
    the printers but in the Canon software. The more Canon equipment I use the
    more amazed I am at how absolutely lousy Canon operating software is for
    most of their equipment. It is no surprise that the new D20 is already on
    its second or third firmware upgrade: these are not improvements, they are
    bug fixes.

    birdman wrote:

    >In reality: many of the Pixma printers use the same inks as i9x printers.
    >Therefore they are simply repackaging of the old technology as the color
    >gamut of the ink does not change.

    Only in so far as the ink. The speed of the printer is different. The
    driver, having a large part of the responsibility in producing the
    result, is different as well as the package and features. It is a
    definate improvement.

    >Canon printers work with Canon printer drivers and contain profiles only for
    >Canon papers: essentially three surface types.

    The Photo Paper Pro works great with Costco Kirkland Glossy Paper and
    Epson matte also works great with the Canon matte setting.

    >The color profiles, using
    >Canon color management protocols do not provide even mediocre color matching
    >to one's calibrated monitor in a color managed environment: my disappointing
    >personal experience leads me to this conclusion.
    >
    >I do not think anyone serious about color printing should buy a Canon
    >printer unless they are prepared to generate individual printer/paper
    >profiles for Canon and non-Canon papers.

    Many of the 1st rate paper companies have profiles for all the printers
    that their paper is recommended for.

    >I do not think the problem is in
    >the printers but in the Canon software. The more Canon equipment I use the
    >more amazed I am at how absolutely lousy Canon operating software is for
    >most of their equipment. It is no surprise that the new D20 is already on
    >its second or third firmware upgrade: these are not improvements, they are
    >bug fixes.

    That is the nature of software. Epson scanner software (outsourced of
    course) is also shitty.

    birdman wrote:
    > In reality: many of the Pixma printers use the same inks as i9x
    > printers. Therefore they are simply repackaging of the old technology
    > as the color gamut of the ink does not change.
    >
    > Canon printers work with Canon printer drivers and contain profiles
    > only for Canon papers: essentially three surface types. The color
    > profiles, using Canon color management protocols do not provide even
    > mediocre color matching to one's calibrated monitor in a color
    > managed environment: my disappointing personal experience leads me to
    > this conclusion.
    > I do not think anyone serious about color printing should buy a Canon
    > printer unless they are prepared to generate individual printer/paper
    > profiles for Canon and non-Canon papers.

    I use quite happily Canon Photo paper pro and plus glossy with default
    settings and get great results.
    Each printer has it's default and preffered papers and thus built-in
    profiles, if not you can always get them on the web (as measekite said). If
    not, don't use such shitty paper.
    But, i must agree that Canon is very louzy regarding updating it's printer
    software. Correct me if i'm wrong, but CDLabelPrint is still in phase 1.0.2.
    A bit better is easy photo print, while printer driver is in 1.80 for ages,
    so either is so great that requires no improvement, or... But, to be honest,
    i see nothing wrong in this driver, so why changing it?
    Also i have Canon S1 IS camera from their first firmware, it did have low
    light focusing problems, but it way solved with second firmware very fast,
    while third (last) was just minor improvement for some stuff (regarding
    flash...) and that was it. Some companies have even over 10 firmwares, so 3
    is just OK. Thank god it'spossible to do this....imagine having analog
    camera with such focusing problem...soluton is either service or buying a
    new one...

    G'day Wolf. I have the canon pixma 8500 printer and it prints superb photo
    prints, in fact better than many photo labs. It prints up to A4 size. The
    print head on the pixma 8500 is the same that is used in the i9900. Prior to
    purchasing my pixma 8500 I had a canon 6 cartridge S900. It would be an
    insult to compare the results between the printers. I am in to photography
    big time, and the pixma has already saved me a small fortune in printing
    photos from 4" x 6" up to many A4 size prints. All of my daughter's recent
    wedding photos, taken by various relatives and friends were printed on my
    pixma 8500 and they were absolutely superb in quality.

    Printing word documents, in draft quality, mode on the pixma 8500 are
    lightning fast.

    Go for the pixma 8500 you will not regret purchasing it.

    Let me know if you have anymore questions etc.

    Cheers

    Ron from Downunder

    P.S. Be very careful of aftermarket non canon inks, as I had a lot of
    problems with true quality colour reproductions until I found a supplier
    here in Australia who sold very high quality bulk ink for me to refill my
    own cartridges.

    wazzad wrote:

    > Ron from Downunder
    >
    > P.S. Be very careful of aftermarket non canon inks, as I had a lot of
    > problems with true quality colour reproductions until I found a supplier
    > here in Australia who sold very high quality bulk ink for me to refill my
    > own cartridges.

    Let me speak from the stand point of my personal user experience about
    3rd party inks and the Canon i9900. After the initial use of the
    supplied OEM carts, I now use ONLY 3rd party carts in my i9900 and have
    never had any problems of head clogging or color difference as compared
    to the OEM inks.
    Frank

    wazzad wrote:
    [...]
    > P.S. Be very careful of aftermarket non canon inks, as I had a lot of
    > problems with true quality colour reproductions until I found a supplier
    > here in Australia who sold very high quality bulk ink for me to refill my
    > own cartridges.

    [...]

    Thanks for your comments. Nothing like the horse's mouth. :-)

    Can you supply URL for that source of OEM quality inks?

    'Ta muchly.

    Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:
    > wazzad wrote:
    > [...]
    >
    >> P.S. Be very careful of aftermarket non canon inks, as I had a lot of
    >> problems with true quality colour reproductions until I found a supplier
    >> here in Australia who sold very high quality bulk ink for me to refill my
    >> own cartridges.
    >>
    > [...]
    >
    > Thanks for your comments. Nothing like the horse's mouth. :-)
    >
    > Can you supply URL for that source of OEM quality inks?
    >
    > 'Ta muchly.

    Sure...here's one that has both OEM carts, MIS filled carts and empty
    carts that you can refill with MIS ink. If you have an Epson and do a
    lot of printing you can go with one of their CFS packages.

    www.inksupply.com

    Frank

    Frank wrote:

    > Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:
    >
    >> wazzad wrote:
    >> [...]
    >>
    >>> P.S. Be very careful of aftermarket non canon inks, as I had a lot of
    >>> problems with true quality colour reproductions until I found a
    >>> supplier
    >>> here in Australia who sold very high quality bulk ink for me to
    >>> refill my
    >>> own cartridges.
    >>>
    >> [...]
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments. Nothing like the horse's mouth. :-)
    >>
    >> Can you supply URL for that source of OEM quality inks?
    >>
    >> 'Ta muchly.
    >

    > Sure...here's one that has both OEM carts, MIS filled carts and empty
    > carts that you can refill with MIS ink.

    MIS DOES *****NOT***** MANUFACTURER OR FORMULATE INK. THEY SELL
    RELABELED INK. THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU WHO MAKES THIS INK EVEN AFTER A
    REQUEST.

    I am not saying it is no good. I am saying you do not know what you are
    getting. I have read posts that the ink works fine in a Canin i960 and
    for some reason clogged printers in the PIXMA line. I do not know why.
    This is what I read a few weeks ago. I am not sure if I read it on this
    NG, nifty stuff or somewhere else.

    The word is CAVEAT EMPTOR in this industry.

    > If you have an Epson and do a lot of printing you can go with one of
    > their CFS packages.
    >
    > www.inksupply.com
    >
    > Frank

    I don't know about your particular printer, but I use MIS inks to refill OEM
    cartridges and MIS empty cartridges for my Canon i960. Great color match and
    no problems so far with almost a year of use. A few posters on this
    newsgroup uses Formulabs inks from Alotofthings and have found this vendor
    to be very reliable and their inks excellent for his Canon printers. Look up
    all the posts you can find from Ron Cohen for this information. Also check
    out Taliesyn's posts as he uses aftermarket inks successfully. I have read
    that they won't ship to Canada, but I don't know if they would ship to you
    in OZ. You can email them to check it out. Two other vendors that have
    told me they use Formulabs inks in their prefilled carts are Wiredbeans (on
    ebay) and Weink (their CRU carts.) You can email them to verify that the
    carts you may want to buy are filled with Formulabs inks. Measekite, the
    person who responded to you, has never done business with these firms, nor
    has he used aftermarket inks. He mistrusts the vendors and their products
    and has an especial dislike for Alotofthings. Every time aftermarket inks
    are mentioned he responds with his concerns that the products are not
    manufactured by the firms selling them and they are relabeled so you don't
    know what is in them. Unfortuantely, his responses are filled with
    invective about the companies and usually filled with obscenities, both of
    which tend to make his point of view appear less than valid. Others on this
    NG have purchased from them for several years and found them to be reliable
    and their products good.

    Check out Neil Slade's web site at
    http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html and check out the forum at
    http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ . Both are almost entirely about Canon
    printers, aftermarket inks, papers, and tips on maintaining your printer.
    You can sign on to the Nifty-stuff forum and ask about inks available for
    your printer in OZ as there may be people from OZ participating. You will
    also see what products have given people problems.

    Burt wrote:

    >I don't know about your particular printer, but I use MIS inks to refill OEM
    >cartridges and MIS empty cartridges for my Canon i960.

    I read a report from some poster in one of the news venues that while
    some luck is had using MIS inks in a Canon i960 there have been clogging
    issues with the IP Pixma series of printers. I do not know the accuracy
    of that statement. It might have been just one persons experience just
    like this writer is one person's experience.

    >Great color match and
    >no problems so far with almost a year of use. A few posters on this
    >newsgroup uses Formulabs inks from Alotofthings and have found this vendor
    >to be very reliable and their inks excellent for his Canon printers.

    My experience with them was poor. I would not recommend that source.

    >Look up
    >all the posts you can find from Ron Cohen for this information. Also check
    >out Taliesyn's posts as he uses aftermarket inks successfully. I have read
    >that they won't ship to Canada, but I don't know if they would ship to you
    >in OZ.

    These are part of the religious congregation known as the AFTERMARKET
    CLUB. About a dozen members who are hobbyists and tinkers that just
    love the pain in the ass and mess of refilling carts. Of course they
    all have a very high printload so due to the expense of the high quality
    OEM choice it is cost justifiable to risk their printer and spend their
    time. If my printload was that high I would have to investigate a 3rd
    party source. I would try to find one not mentioned here.

    >You can email them to check it out. Two other vendors that have
    >told me they use Formulabs inks in their prefilled carts are Wiredbeans (on
    >ebay) and Weink (their CRU carts.)

    WeStink charges $2.00 less than you can get a Canon OEM cart. I do not
    know about the Epson prices. They used to provide advice on this NG
    without disclosing that there true motive was to make sales. I do not
    like this practice.

    I do not know about WiredBeans. THIS LINK WILL PROVIDE THEIR RESELLER
    RATING.

    THESE ARE THE COMPANIES THE AFTERMARKET CLUB RECOMMENDS. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

    ANOTHER PERSON WITH A PROBLEM

    hi-
    my i960's nozzles keep getting clogged to the point that i have had to
    replace the nozze unit once already, and now one of the nozzles on the
    replacement head is clogged already. i just replaced it about 2 months
    ago. does anyone know how to clean these nozzles so they will work
    again? does using aftermarket off brand ink cause this? i hardly ever
    use it, is that a cause?

    thanx alot

    > You can email them to verify that the
    >carts you may want to buy are filled with Formulabs inks. Measekite, the
    >person who responded to you, has never done business with these firms, nor
    >has he used aftermarket inks. He mistrusts the vendors and their products
    >and has an especial dislike for Alotofthings. Every time aftermarket inks
    >are mentioned he responds with his concerns that the products are not
    >manufactured by the firms selling them and they are relabeled so you don't
    >know what is in them.

    That is true. You can have problems with ink bought at one vendor so
    you buy from another vendor thinking you are makeing a change because
    the Label is a different name. You than have the same problem. What
    really happened is that you bought the same ink mfg and formulated from
    the same place sold under different labels. This practice makes thing
    difficult to track. Making things worse is you can make 2 purchases
    from the same place a few months apart and get inks made by different
    sources all sold under the same label with the quality varying a great
    deal. Or from batch to batch the quality may be different.

    OEM's spend a lot of money to insure quality by placing many quality
    control measures in the process. They spend millions developing and
    protecting a their brand. That said I do believe they are over priced.

    > Unfortuantely, his responses are filled with
    >invective about the companies and usually filled with obscenities,

    traded with the Church of the AfterMarket led by Pope Burtie.

    >both of
    >which tend to make his point of view appear less than valid. Others on this
    >NG have purchased from them for several years and found them to be reliable
    >and their products good.

    THEN WHY DO SO MANY POSTER ON THIS NG WHO USE AFTERMARKET INKS HAVE SO
    MANY PROBLEMS. MANY MORE PROBLEMS THAN OEM USERS.

    >Check out Neil Slade's web site at
    >http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html and check out the forum at
    >http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ .

    NIFTY AND SLADES SITE HAVE SOME LINKAGE. SLADE DOES HAVE SOME
    INTERESTING STUFF BUT YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT ALL OF THESE PLACES CATER
    TO AFTERMARKET HOBBYISTS.

    > Both are almost entirely about Canon
    >printers, aftermarket inks, papers, and tips on maintaining your printer.
    >You can sign on to the Nifty-stuff forum and ask about inks available for
    >your printer in OZ as there may be people from OZ participating. You will
    >also see what products have given people problems.

    And you will get the same answers as here because here you have Burt and
    their you have fotofreek. The same thing using two names just like the
    AfterMarket ink can be the same thing using multiple Labels.

    > "Wolf Kirchmeir" <wwolfkir@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >

    >>wazzad wrote:
    >>[...]
    >>

    >>>P.S. Be very careful of aftermarket non canon inks, as I had a lot of
    >>>problems with true quality colour reproductions until I found a supplier
    >>>here in Australia who sold very high quality bulk ink for me to refill my
    >>>own cartridges.
    >>>

    >>[...]
    >>
    >>Thanks for your comments. Nothing like the horse's mouth. :-)
    >>
    >>Can you supply URL for that source of OEM quality inks?
    >>
    >>'Ta muchly.

    measekite wrote:

    What's your point shithead? That you can copy and post out of context.
    Is that you big claim to fame, cause that's all you're doing.
    You have no creditability on the subject of aftermarket inks. You have
    no experience with purchasing or using them do you.
    Please tell this ng exactly what experience you do have, ok.
    We're waiting....
    Frank

    "Burt" <sfbjgNOSPAM@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    >I don't know about your particular printer, but I use MIS inks to refill
    >OEM cartridges and MIS empty cartridges for my Canon i960. Great color
    >match and no problems so far with almost a year of use. A few posters on
    >this newsgroup uses Formulabs inks from Alotofthings and have found this
    >vendor to be very reliable and their inks excellent for his Canon printers.
    >Look up all the posts you can find from Ron Cohen for this information.
    >Also check out Taliesyn's posts as he uses aftermarket inks successfully.
    >I have read that they won't ship to Canada, but I don't know if they would
    >ship to you in OZ. You can email them to check it out. Two other vendors
    >that have told me they use Formulabs inks in their prefilled carts are
    >Wiredbeans (on ebay) and Weink (their CRU carts.) You can email them to
    >verify that the carts you may want to buy are filled with Formulabs inks.
    >Measekite, the person who responded to you, has never done business with
    >these firms, nor has he used aftermarket inks. He mistrusts the vendors
    >and their products and has an especial dislike for Alotofthings. Every
    >time aftermarket inks are mentioned he responds with his concerns that the
    >products are not manufactured by the firms selling them and they are
    >relabeled so you don't know what is in them. Unfortuantely, his responses
    >are filled with invective about the companies and usually filled with
    >obscenities, both of which tend to make his point of view appear less than
    >valid. Others on this NG have purchased from them for several years and
    >found them to be reliable and their products good.
    >
    > Check out Neil Slade's web site at
    > http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html and check out the forum
    > at
    > http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ . Both are almost entirely about Canon
    > printers, aftermarket inks, papers, and tips on maintaining your printer.
    > You can sign on to the Nifty-stuff forum and ask about inks available for
    > your printer in OZ as there may be people from OZ participating. You will
    > also see what products have given people problems.
    >
    > "Wolf Kirchmeir" <wwolfkir@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> wazzad wrote:
    >> [...]
    >>> P.S. Be very careful of aftermarket non canon inks, as I had a lot of
    >>> problems with true quality colour reproductions until I found a supplier
    >>> here in Australia who sold very high quality bulk ink for me to refill
    >>> my
    >>> own cartridges.
    >>>
    >> [...]
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments. Nothing like the horse's mouth. :-)
    >>
    >> Can you supply URL for that source of OEM quality inks?
    >>
    >> 'Ta muchly.

    Hi Group,

    I have two printers, a Canon Pixma 4000 and a Canon i560 and I am using
    non-oem inks purchased from www.cartridgedepot.com.au/ whose cartridges
    contain Formulabs ink in, I believe, Chinese cartridges with Swiss foam
    inserts. Note: I am not employed by Cartridgedepot. I am using Ilford
    Galerie Smooth Gloss and Smooth Pearl papers exclusively and I get perfect
    results every time. I have not noticed any fading or deterioration of any
    kind using these two product, I have never had a clog or any other problem
    caused by using these products. Having said that it is also fair to say that
    I use both printers on a daily basis and if they are not used daily I run a
    colour chart at least once a week. I know that Cartridgedepot freight
    quantities to Canada.
    Feel free to consider the above or discard as you see fit because I am not
    pushing anyone's barrow.

    Ben

    "measekite" <measekite@juno.com> wrote in message

    > Burt wrote:
    >
    >>I don't know about your particular printer, but I use MIS inks to refill
    >>OEM cartridges and MIS empty cartridges for my Canon i960.
    >
    > I read a report from some poster in one of the news venues that while some
    > luck is had using MIS inks in a Canon i960 there have been clogging issues
    > with the IP Pixma series of printers. I do not know the accuracy of that
    > statement. It might have been just one persons experience just like this
    > writer is one person's experience.
    >
    >>Great color match and no problems so far with almost a year of use. A few
    >>posters on this newsgroup uses Formulabs inks from Alotofthings and have
    >>found this vendor to be very reliable and their inks excellent for his
    >>Canon printers.
    >
    > My experience with them was poor. I would not recommend that source.

    The only "experience" Measekite had with Alotofthings was when he tried to
    give them some advice on how to run their business and he didn't like their
    response. This statement would be like Measekite telling you he had a poor
    experience with a woman when the "experience" was that she told him to get
    lost when he tried to proposition her. The implication of his statement
    about his experience with Alotofthings is that he did business with them or
    used their product and found either their service or product poor. Neither
    is true. Simply an attempt to defame them or their product.

    >>Look up all the posts you can find from Ron Cohen for this information.
    >>Also check out Taliesyn's posts as he uses aftermarket inks successfully.
    >>I have read that they won't ship to Canada, but I don't know if they would
    >>ship to you in OZ.
    >

    > These are part of the religious congregation known as the AFTERMARKET
    > CLUB. About a dozen members who are hobbyists and tinkers that just love
    > the pain in the ass and mess of refilling carts. Of course they all have
    > a very high printload so due to the expense of the high quality OEM choice
    > it is cost justifiable to risk their printer and spend their time. If my
    > printload was that high I would have to investigate a 3rd party source. I
    > would try to find one not mentioned here.
    >
    >>You can email them to check it out. Two other vendors that have told me
    >>they use Formulabs inks in their prefilled carts are Wiredbeans (on ebay)
    >>and Weink (their CRU carts.)
    >>

    > WeStink charges $2.00 less than you can get a Canon OEM cart. I do not
    > know about the Epson prices. They used to provide advice on this NG
    > without disclosing that there true motive was to make sales. I do not
    > like this practice.

    Measekite has never done business with this firm either. He persists in
    paraphrasing their business name in a defamatory manner. He hasln't read
    their web site accurately, or he is deliberately lying. The cartridges I
    mentioned are the BCI-6 CRU carts which are listed on their website today at
    $2.29. I have never used these carts, but the vendor tells me that they
    are filled with Formulabs inks, the ink that Measekite claims he would use
    if they would put the mfgr name on the box and his print load was higher.
    Ron Cohen and Teliesyn have used Formulabs inks in their canon printers for
    several years with no problems.

    > I do not know about WiredBeans. THIS LINK WILL PROVIDE THEIR RESELLER
    > RATING.

    I did not recommend this firm. I only stated that they told me their carts
    had formulabs ink in them. The moderator of the Nifty stuff forum has
    purchased carts from them and is now testing them.

    > http://www.resellerratings.com/seller5041.html
    >
    > THESE ARE THE COMPANIES THE AFTERMARKET CLUB RECOMMENDS. CAVEAT EMPTOR.
    >

    > ANOTHER PERSON WITH A PROBLEM
    >
    > hi-
    > my i960's nozzles keep getting clogged to the point that i have had to
    > replace the nozze unit once already, and now one of the nozzles on the
    > replacement head is clogged already. i just replaced it about 2 months
    > ago. does anyone know how to clean these nozzles so they will work
    > again? does using aftermarket off brand ink cause this? i hardly ever
    > use it, is that a cause?

    This post is the "poster child" for Measekite in attempting to draw a causal
    relationship between non-OEM inks and head damage. It is somewhat confusing
    in that we don't know if the poster has used OEM or aftermaket inks, what
    brand he might have used, or whether his reference to "I hardly ever use it"
    means that he hardly uses the printer, in which case that is the prodominant
    cause of head clogs, or if he hardly uses aftermarket inks. This post was
    thoroughly discussed in a previous thread and no conclusion could be drawn
    because no additional information was provided.

    Burt wrote:

    >"measekite" <measekite@juno.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Burt wrote:
    >>

    >>>I don't know about your particular printer, but I use MIS inks to refill
    >>>OEM cartridges and MIS empty cartridges for my Canon i960.
    >>>

    >>I read a report from some poster in one of the news venues that while some
    >>luck is had using MIS inks in a Canon i960 there have been clogging issues
    >>with the IP Pixma series of printers. I do not know the accuracy of that
    >>statement. It might have been just one persons experience just like this
    >>writer is one person's experience.
    >>

    >>>Great color match and no problems so far with almost a year of use. A few
    >>>posters on this newsgroup uses Formulabs inks from Alotofthings and have
    >>>found this vendor to be very reliable and their inks excellent for his
    >>>Canon printers.
    >>>

    >>My experience with them was poor. I would not recommend that source.
    >>

    >The only "experience" Measekite had with Alotofthings was when he tried to
    >give them some advice on how to run their business and he didn't like their
    >response.

    You are a real shmuck with ears. Even Costco has a suggestion box and
    want to hear from their customers so they can improve on what they are
    doing. This is a professional approach.

    >This statement would be like Measekite telling you he had a poor
    >experience with a woman when the "experience" was that she told him to get
    >lost when he tried to proposition her. The implication of his statement
    >about his experience with Alotofthings is that he did business with them

    I never said I did business with alotofcrap.

    >or
    >used their product and found either their service or product poor. Neither
    >is true. Simply an attempt to defame them or their product.

    The do not disclose on their website that I can see what they refill the
    carts they are selling. If they do provide me with the link. They do
    say they sell Sensinent inks in bulk. I have heard Sensinent is about
    the only company that formulates decent ink but I have only hear that
    from a few members of the AfterMarket Church; two of those members are
    singled out by you below.

> [...]
    >>>http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html and check out the forum
    >>>at
    >>>http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/ .
    >>>

    >>NIFTY AND SLADES SITE HAVE SOME LINKAGE. SLADE DOES HAVE SOME INTERESTING
    >>STUFF BUT YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT ALL OF THESE PLACES CATER TO AFTERMARKET
    >>HOBBYISTS.
    >>

    >>>Both are almost entirely about Canon printers, aftermarket inks, papers,
    >>>and tips on maintaining your printer. You can sign on to the Nifty-stuff
    >>>forum and ask about inks available for your printer in OZ as there may be
    >>>people from OZ participating. You will also see what products have given
    >>>people problems.
    >>>

    >>And you will get the same answers as here because here you have Burt and
    >>their you have fotofreek. The same thing using two names just like the
    >>AfterMarket ink can be the same thing using multiple Labels.

    measekite wrote:

    big snip
    <------------------------------->

    Just what does that drivel you just posted mean?

    1) you're not stupid, but just a little slow

    2) you're slow and really stupid

    3) you can't remember what you just posted

    4) you can't remember or even understand what you've just tried to read

    5) you took the wrong meds

    6) you didn't take your meds

    7) all of the above

    Now try and learn how to "snip".
    Try and learn from others how to respond to others posting by not
    quoting each and every single word. I can tell that you're quite easily
    confused by everything that appears on your little monitor, but try and
    concentrate. I know that can be quite difficult for a person of your
    aptitude.
    Just try and always remember, even a blind squirrel occasionally finds
    an acorn.

    Have a nice day. :-)
    Frank

    measekite wrote:

    > The word is CAVEAT EMPTOR in this industry.

    That is a fair comment.

    You are correct that the 3rd party ink business has all kinds in it,
    including some shady characters who are fly by night (I wonder if that
    means they have red eyes)...

    However, to be balanced and fairness, you should also mention that some
    3rd party companies are, regardless if they indicate the brand of ink
    they package or sell or not, long time reliable companies which
    accommodate their clients and warrant their inks, and even in some
    cases, the printers that use them should an ink related problem occur.
    And that, some of these also can provide ink characteristics not
    available in OEM inks, or substantial savings.

    You have attempted to make this issue into a black and white one, but it
    is all about colors and shades of gray. Your warnings don't necessary
    help people who are going to buy 3rd party inks for the savings anyway,
    or because they wish to use ink types that are not sold for the printer
    by the OEM.

    People can decide for themselves if they wish to take the gamble on
    third party inks for the savings or benefits. Some have poor or
    variable color balance, some have poor drying characteristics, and some
    fade more rapidly. Most buyers are mainly interested in having a sense
    of which companies provide good service, product and support.

    This war between the OEM versus 3rd party inks is valueless as it is.
    There are no stats to support either side fairly, because they are
    confounded by the many brands of inks and design of inkjet printers out
    there.

    This forum has ended up being taken up by a lot of not that valuable
    battles between the two factions each trying to outdo the other, and
    then a lot of truly childish name calling that doesn't help the person
    who is asking some very legitimate questions "is there a problem with
    buying 3rd party inks, or who can I buy them from and get good service
    and product and save money?"

    The continual bickering doesn't help them, and just makes people turn
    away from this forum.

    It's also unfair for you to denigrate the name or reputation of a 3rd
    party ink vendor just because you happen to not like their website or
    how you were personally treated by them, when you asked questions they
    were unable or unwilling to answer. When others have legitimate
    business dealings with a company, that being they bought product,
    received it and used it, that trumps your opinion biassed upon how nice
    the website was or how you were treated on the phone, when you likely
    were somewhat bombastic toward them, based upon the hostility you have
    shown here about the subject.

    You certainly have every right to express you POV regarding your
    experience with OEM inks. You can speak about the advantages you find
    with them, and the peace of mind they supply you, but you cannot speak
    about 3rd party inks when you have no personal experience with them.
    And people who call you on that don't deserve to be verbally assaulted.

    OEM inks work for you because the amount of ink usage over time will
    make little difference in your investment overall, and may protect your
    printer, if nothing else, you can tell the manufacturer should your
    printer ever require servicing, that you used excessively OEM inks.

    I do agree that people who use 3rd party inks can't ignore that those
    may be the cause or the partial cause to premature failure of some parts
    of the printer, or unexpected clogging, and they should not be quite so
    quick to blame the manufacturer of the printer. However, clearly, OEM
    inks can cause failures in some printers as well, simply due to heads
    drying out, or just use over time.

    In the end, both schools are correct answers, but for different people
    with differing printing habits, use, willing ness to take chances and
    financial positions. That's nothing to fight over, and even more
    importantly, that's not something that fighting over will resolve into
    anything useful.

    Art

    Frank wrote:

    > big snip
    > <------------------------------->
    >

    > Just what does that drivel I just posted mean?
    >
    > 1) I am stupid, and just a little slow
    >
    > 2) I am slow and really stupid
    >
    > 3) you can't remember what you just posted
    >
    > 4) I can't remember or even understand what I've just tried to read
    >
    > 5) I took the wrong meds
    >
    > 6) Ididn't take my meds
    >
    > 7) all of the above
    >

    > Have a nice day. :-)