Automate service start/stop

Ron

Is there a way to automate the starting and stopping of
an apache tomcat service? Would like to have it stop and
restart every monring.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:49:39 -0700, "Ron" <simpsoro@webster.edu> wrote:

>Is there a way to automate the starting and stopping of
>an apache tomcat service? Would like to have it stop and
>restart every monring.

Open a CMD prompt and type net start while the service is running.
locate the exact name of the service in the list resturned.
If it is "Appache Tomacat Service", as an example, the
create a batch job:

@echo off
net stop "Appache Tomacat Service"
net start "Appache Tomacat Service"

Schedule the batch to run in the local system account:

AT 07:00 /every:M,T,W,Th,F,S,Su c:\folder\batchname.bat

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

ok I understand creating the batch file. How do I go
about scheduling it to run on the local system account?

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:16:12 -0700, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>ok I understand creating the batch file. How do I go
>about scheduling it to run on the local system account?

AT 07:00 /every:M,T,W,Th,F,S,Su c:\folder\batchname.bat

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com