Core Duo vs Turion X2

ryokinshin

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2006
this is core duo not core 2 duo and this is amd.com=amd bias, not being a fanboy, intel.com=intel bias so u should nvr look at these sites

nachogomez

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
this is core duo not core 2 duo and this is amd.com=amd bias, not being a fanboy, intel.com=intel bias so u should nvr look at these sites

Sure, I'm aware of this kind of bias, but I'm wondering that because I haven't seen any independent benchmark/comparison between the two processors! And, by this time, is there any Laptop with a Core 2 Duo processor in stores?

nachogomez

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Never rely on benchmarks posted by either AMD or Intel. They tend to paint the prettiest pictures for their products.

Read the following review from an independent hardware site:

http://xtreview.com/review81.htm

jaguarskx thanks for the review!

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006

Sure, I'm aware of this kind of bias, but I'm wondering that because I haven't seen any independent benchmark/comparison between the two processors! And, by this time, is there any Laptop with a Core 2 Duo processor in stores?

core 2 duo's wont go in laptops per say, there is a mobile version of the core 2 architecture called merom, it is supposed to be released in the next week or so, intel said it would be shortly after core 2 duo, ( i did hear news that it might launch same day but not sure if it actually happened) i have not seen nor heard of any comparisons of merom yet, which would be the replacement for the Core Duo