Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect

DASH

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

Whenever I try to attach to one particular Win2k Server I get this message. I
can log in to the server and all seem ok. Just cant access it?

Nothing obvious is showing - Any one have any ideas?

Sounds like this server has lost it's computer account. You could use a tool
like Netdom to reset the account or take the computer into a workgroup,
reboot and then rejoin the domain. Be sure you know the local administrators
password before taking it to a workgroup though!!

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+