"Dealers Up In Arms Over Conroe Allocation"

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
SYSTEM INTEGRATORS are incandescent with fury because even though they ordered Core Dual 2 chips from distributors weeks ago, they're being told they'll have to join a queue while Dell and HP get the pick of the crop.

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=33393
hi, you're back with FUD again?

It's not FUD, it's the truth. Is it hard for you to admit it?? :roll:
its theinquirer. is it hard for you to admit it?

Gary_Busey

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Our Channel Correspondent is a very reputable source. I personally know Mr. Correspondent, and he's always been fair and balanced. If anyone knows anything, it's Mr. Correspondent.

TheInquirer likes teh dudez.

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
SYSTEM INTEGRATORS are incandescent with fury because even though they ordered Core Dual 2 chips from distributors weeks ago, they're being told they'll have to join a queue while Dell and HP get the pick of the crop.

Fail
lolz
you sound a little like Spud.

btw, i'm also from taiwan too. its nice to see another taiwanese hanging on the forum.

mjp1618

Distinguished
May 7, 2006
Quite understandable; since everyone wants a Conroe. Even if there were a billion Conroes, there would still be shortage...

Tempers are bound to run high. Since, nobody wants to buy any CPU other than a Core 2; and certainly not an AMD processor. So, quite understandable.

Wait, is 9-inch actually saying this???? OMG. :D

I thought your stand was that nobody with a brain wants to buy anything from Intel; everyone wants an AMD processor; etc., etc.... :D

cyborg_ninja-117

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006

Fail
lolz
you sound a little like Spud.

btw, i'm also from taiwan too. its nice to see another taiwanese hanging on the forum.

:p nice, where you taiwan you live? im in taichung. btw i saw coolaler at tiger city. twice! his dog got into a fight w/ another dog lol

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
:p nice, where you taiwan you live? im in taichung. btw i saw coolaler at tiger city. twice! his dog got into a fight w/ another dog lol

lolz.. well i'm in the states now, but my home is in taipei.

wait.. coolaler at tiger city? i'm a little confused lolz

cyborg_ninja-117

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006

lolz.. well i'm in the states now, but my home is in taipei.

wait.. coolaler at tiger city? i'm a little confused lolz

tiger city the large department store thing :p saw him in the courtyard w/ his dog.

on topic:

9nm: FAIL

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006

didn't dell just sign a huge deal with AMD, that was going to change everything :lol: , but now dell sucked up every core 2 duo they could , too bad no one is complaining about AMDs shortage of the price cut cpus 8O

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Yeah there is a definate shortage of Core 2 Duo's.... I think Intel could have made 4-5 million of them and still it wouldnt be enough to supply the demand. Intel sure has a problem on its hands !!! I sure wish I had the same problem. lol

The_Abyss

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006

That is not the case in the UK.

Dell are offering only the X6800 and E6700.

HP don't seem to think that Core 2 Duo exists.

And a miriad of smaller national builders at the same time already have close to a full range of Core 2 Duos. I just bought my new system (with an E6600, seeing as AMD seem to be abandoning 939 early) and the builder (Mesh) says that all their Core 2 Duo CPUs are arriving on 7 August. They then have a 2 week build time. Same with another builder, Evesham.

Either the report is utter crap, or it is maybe just happening in the US (or not in the UK).

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
didn't dell just sign a huge deal with AMD, that was going to change everything , but now dell sucked up every core 2 duo they could , too bad no one is complaining about AMDs shortage of the price cut cpus

It maybe because the only chip that is hard to find is the 5000+. The FX62 is in stock at Newegg with every other AMD X2.

cyborg_ninja-117

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
didn't dell just sign a huge deal with AMD, that was going to change everything , but now dell sucked up every core 2 duo they could , too bad no one is complaining about AMDs shortage of the price cut cpus

It maybe because the only chip that is hard to find is the 5000+. The FX62 is in stock at Newegg with every other AMD X2.

Fail

Scarchunk

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

Sounds like Intel has a really hot product that everyone is trying to get their hands on. I'm shocked this is coming from 9-inch. Did he read the article, or just post it because the title appeared to be anti-Intel?