The AMD/Intel battle heats up....

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
As temperatures soar in Lower Manhattan, two new ads are making the rounds on the Captivate "elevator news" network.

The first is a quaint Core 2 ad stating it's the "fastest overall processor" while AMDs ad says that you should "Choose smarter."
The ads started appearing yesterday along with the latest AMD billboard heralding the space-heating capabilities of the majority of Intel's current product lines.

So for all those who say there aren't any AMD ads, there are, they just promote them where IT people are, which is not watching television.

cyborg_ninja-117

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
As temperatures soar in Lower Manhattan, two new ads are making the rounds on the Captivate "elevator news" network.

The first is a quaint Core 2 ad stating it's the "fastest overall processor" while AMDs ad says that you should "Choose smarter."
The ads started appearing yesterday along with the latest AMD billboard heralding the space-heating capabilities of the majority of Intel's current product lines.

So for all those who say there aren't any AMD ads, there are, they just promote them where IT people are, which is not watching television.

Fail

Scarchunk

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

???

Yeah, I mean who wants to penetrate the market with brand awareness?

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

???

I am an IT person and I have not seen an Intel commercial in years. I don't watch mindless network TV. (I hate commercials)

By placing ads where people who may make buying decisions work, you will be better off. When I'm at home the last thing I want to see is a COMMERCIAL for a processor.

You'd be surprised at how many ads for AMD servers are plastered around lower Manhattan. Maybe I'll take a picture.

cyborg_ninja-117

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006

???

I am an IT person and I have not seen an Intel commercial in years. I don't watch mindless network TV. (I hate commercials)

By placing ads where people who may make buying decisions work, you will be better off. When I'm at home the last thing I want to see is a COMMERCIAL for a processor.

You'd be surprised at how many ads for AMD servers are plastered around lower Manhattan. Maybe I'll take a picture.

Fail

Scarchunk

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

Intels marketing is one of their big assets. That's ridiculus to think that AMD wouldn't appreciate more brand awareness and presence. I've seen a ton of Intel commercials lately. I'm sure you've seen them too. The newest ones feature(strangly enough) Jay-Z and at the end you get the big Core Duo splash screen. My girlfriend loves her MySpace account and just yesterday there was a big Core 2 Duo banner ad on the logon page. You're claiming that by advertising to strictly the IT crowd, they're better off. Don't you think the IT crowd is very aware of AMD, more so than any other market segment?

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Adverstising battle?

I thought that maybe AMD showed a working 4X4 or a working 65nm CPU, but advertising battle?

So, AMD puts thier ad on a bus terminal and intel puts their's on a bus terminal across the street, and that's what this topic is about?

It would be more of a battle of AMD popped up with their 65nm CPU, running apps side by side with current AMDs and intel's C2D, and it shows performance leads.

Like you said, you hate commericals, but you post about ads. Uh, huh.

Oh and on a side note, the IT people I know do watch TV, like most people. They all aren't sitting in a room reading IT magazines and fondling blade servers.

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002

Kind of hard to watch TV when you spend every waking hour on this forum, eh? If you do actually have a job, you must have the worst productivity ever.

Probably because it would be an intel commercial. If AMD ran commercials, you would prolly record them and play them back over and over again.

Why don't you do that? It would at least get you out in the sun for a bit.

atp777

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2006
I like my space heater. Saves on gas in the winter time... it's no Prescott, but does do a little good... LOL

I think I just dissed my own system. That can't be right.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
I like my space heater. Saves on gas in the winter time... it's no Prescott, but does do a little good... LOL

I think I just dissed my own system. That can't be right.

It's okay. I have 3 space heaters in one room, and if I actually do run all three at the same time, my A/C unit kicks on to start cooling my entire house.

sjps220

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
Cyborg, could you at least respond to the thread, rather than just saying fail? I've read like 3 threads in which you've done that. Its like half the people on this forum aim to turn the threads into irrelevant name calling.

As for ads, I see very few ads for either intel or AMD, but that makes sense because I don't watch a ton of TV other than sports, and I don't live in a huge city.

cyborg_ninja-117

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
Cyborg, could you at least respond to the thread, rather than just saying fail? I've read like 3 threads in which you've done that. Its like half the people on this forum aim to turn the threads into irrelevant name calling.

As for ads, I see very few ads for either intel or AMD, but that makes sense because I don't watch a ton of TV other than sports, and I don't live in a huge city.

AMD doesnt make ads coz theyre too poor to make it, the general public doesnt know much about AMD since the marketing department isnt doing a good job now is it

Viperabyss

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol: baronBS = Fail

I am starting to notice a direct correlation between AMD fanboys and failures.
nah..
there is no direct correlation between normal AMD fanboys and failures.

but there is a direct correlation between sharikou's edition of AMD fanboys and failures.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I don't watch mindless network TV. (I hate commercials)
That's because of your dislexia. You can't follow, and keep up with the fast pace of tv. You might, just might be able to keep up with reruns of "Leave It To Beaver". :?

cyborg_ninja-117

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006

nah..
there is no direct correlation between normal AMD fanboys and failures.

but there is a direct correlation between sharikou's edition of AMD fanboys and failures.

sharikous edition of AMD fanboys does = failure. but normal ones who like AMD not just because its "AMD" but because they like it and admits that conroe kicks ass

zornundo

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
That's because of your dislexia. You can't follow, and keep up with the fast pace of tv. You might, just might be able to keep up with reruns of "Leave It To Beaver". :?

What the hell does dyslexia have to do with watching TV?

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/dyslexia/dyslexia.htm

"What is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia is a brain-based type of learning disability that specifically impairs a person's ability to read. These individuals typically read at levels significantly lower than expected despite having normal intelligence. Although the disorder varies from person to person, common characteristics among people with dyslexia are difficulty with phonological processing (the manipulation of sounds) and/or rapid visual-verbal responding. "

Get your shiz right!

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

"What is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia is a brain-based type of learning disability that specifically impairs a person's ability to read. These individuals typically read at levels significantly lower than expected despite having normal intelligence. Although the disorder varies from person to person, common characteristics among people with dyslexia are difficulty with phonological processing (the manipulation of sounds) and/or rapid visual-verbal responding. "

Get your shiz right!Sounds like tv to me...Do people talk on tv?

Go fight some other cause. :roll:

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

"What is Dyslexia?

Get your shiz right!

Have you noticed a pattern with these guys? They talk abotu how bad AMD "fanboys" are but they are the fist ones to call names and take the topic away from the original. I was going to report on just the Intel ad but the AMD ad showed up this morning.

I thought it was interesting. I should know I won't get any rational responses, but I think that's why I come here.

A funny thing is that when The Inq reported the latest Dell laptop mishap, they remarked that Toms reader aren't as sharp as theirs.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

[sarcasm]No No,, The ads make perfect sence.

AMD: "dont buy a 2006 Ford Mustang because the 1908 Ford Model T has no power. Buy a 1997 Chevy Cavalier instead"[/sarcasm]

Peace