ERR2 7422 ADMT User Migration Error.

Hi Folks,

I have successfuly set up DNS in my Windows 2000 forest
and have allowed DNS to settle prpperly. DCdiags and
Netdiags run ok, without errors.

I Presenstly, I have 4 doamins(One root doamain and 3
child domains).

I have setup a test account in one of the child domains
and I'm aable to migrate the account with profiles, rithgs
etc to the foresdt root domain. But I can't seem to
migrate existing accounts from a child domain to my forest
root domain. I get the eror message:

ERR2:7422 Faild to move object CN=Michael Douglas
hr=8007054f An internal error occured.

Please could anyone help with this, if you have come
across this before? Any suggestions pls?

Regards
FSB.
4 answers Last reply
More about err2 7422 admt user migration error

    I am also having this problem and need a solution. To muddy things more some
    accounts do move, others do not.

    2004-10-06 14:11:34 ERR2:7422 Failed to move object CN=SheSha1, hr=8007054f
    An internal error occurred.

    "Femi Bello" wrote:

    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I have successfuly set up DNS in my Windows 2000 forest
    > and have allowed DNS to settle prpperly. DCdiags and
    > Netdiags run ok, without errors.
    >
    > I Presenstly, I have 4 doamins(One root doamain and 3
    > child domains).
    >
    > I have setup a test account in one of the child domains
    > and I'm aable to migrate the account with profiles, rithgs
    > etc to the foresdt root domain. But I can't seem to
    > migrate existing accounts from a child domain to my forest
    > root domain. I get the eror message:
    >
    > ERR2:7422 Faild to move object CN=Michael Douglas
    > hr=8007054f An internal error occured.
    >
    > Please could anyone help with this, if you have come
    > across this before? Any suggestions pls?
    >
    > Regards
    > FSB.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    Hi Michael,

    I'm by no means an expert in this subject matter of ADMT nor Active
    Directory Migration, but since no one has responded to your posting then
    I'll try to assist you to the best of my ability.

    There are reported problem where this error was caused by the installation
    MS04-011 patch. It is a known issue and Microsoft is presently reviewing
    the conflict.

    The only current resolution if it's the patch causing the problem, is to
    remove the MS04-011 patch, migrate your users, afterwards reinstall the
    MS04-011 patch then reconnect to the prospective networks.

    --
    Hope this helps,
    Mike Rosado

    <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

    > I am also having this problem and need a solution. To muddy things more
    some
    > accounts do move, others do not.
    >
    > 2004-10-06 14:11:34 ERR2:7422 Failed to move object CN=SheSha1,
    hr=8007054f
    > An internal error occurred.
    >

    > "Femi Bello" wrote:
    >

    > > Hi Folks,
    > >
    > > I have successfuly set up DNS in my Windows 2000 forest
    > > and have allowed DNS to settle prpperly. DCdiags and
    > > Netdiags run ok, without errors.
    > >
    > > I Presenstly, I have 4 doamins(One root doamain and 3
    > > child domains).
    > >
    > > I have setup a test account in one of the child domains
    > > and I'm aable to migrate the account with profiles, rithgs
    > > etc to the foresdt root domain. But I can't seem to
    > > migrate existing accounts from a child domain to my forest
    > > root domain. I get the eror message:
    > >
    > > ERR2:7422 Faild to move object CN=Michael Douglas
    > > hr=8007054f An internal error occured.
    > >
    > > Please could anyone help with this, if you have come
    > > across this before? Any suggestions pls?
    > >
    > > Regards
    > > FSB.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    I backed out MS04-11 (KB835732) and still get the same error.

    Thanks for the update though

    "Mike Rosado [MSFT]" wrote:

    > Hi Michael,
    >
    > I'm by no means an expert in this subject matter of ADMT nor Active
    > Directory Migration, but since no one has responded to your posting then
    > I'll try to assist you to the best of my ability.
    >
    > There are reported problem where this error was caused by the installation
    > MS04-011 patch. It is a known issue and Microsoft is presently reviewing
    > the conflict.
    >
    > The only current resolution if it's the patch causing the problem, is to
    > remove the MS04-011 patch, migrate your users, afterwards reinstall the
    > MS04-011 patch then reconnect to the prospective networks.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps,
    > Mike Rosado
    > Windows 2000 MCSE + MCDBA
    > Microsoft Enterprise Platform Support
    > Windows NT/2000/2003 Cluster Technologies

    > <http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm>

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?)

    I created another server w/o any SP's or hotfixes and still get same problem
    so that hotfix doesn't appear to be the issue.

Migrate Domain Windows