Removing domain

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Purched my old work pc and want to integrate it to home network.Can I get
rid of
the work domain with doing a full install.

larry wrote:
> Purched my old work pc and want to integrate it to home network.Can
> get rid of
> the work domain with doing a full install.

Login using the computer's local Administrator account and add it
to the workgroup. Right-click My Computer > Properties > Computer
Name > Change ....

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having
both at once. - RAH

John wrote:
> Done that and now after restart will not let me log on.

Are you trying to log on using an old domain account? Naturally,
that won't work, now that the machine is no longer part of the domain.
By changing the computer from the domain to a workgroup, you have
removed the trust between the domain and the machine. In doing so,
you have also rendered any domain login credentials as invalid.
You'll need to create a new local user account for your use in a
workgroup.

1) Restart the computer and log in using the built-in Administrator
account.

2) Click Start > Run and enter "control userpasswords2" followed by
clicking "OK."

3) Click "Add....", creating a new username and filling in the
desired information, and then click "Next >"

4) Set the password as desired and click "Next >"

5) Select the desired privilege access level for the new user account
and click "Finish."

Please see the following Knowledge Base article for an alternate
method and more information:

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm